[comp.sys.mac.games] Toxic Ravine

cfj@isc.intel.com (Charlie Johnson) (09/12/90)

Has anyone else noticed that if you accidentally destroy your robot, that
you can't get anymore robots and might as well quit ??  Is this considered
a feature or a bug ??  Interesting little game though!!

--
Charles Johnson
Intel Scientific Computers, MS CO1-01

mlg@cbnews.att.com (Mike Goodrich) (09/14/90)

In article <919@intelisc.isc.intel.com>, cfj@isc.intel.com (Charlie Johnson) writes:

> Has anyone else noticed that if you accidentally destroy your robot, that
> you can't get anymore robots and might as well quit ??  Is this considered
> a feature or a bug ??  Interesting little game though!!

The mass quantities of documentation say that you only get one robot and
if he is destroyed accidentally by you or by the Toxic stuff floating
around in the Ravine you get no more robots.  He has a toxic level
guage over by his screen controls to let you know how well he is doing.

The game is really good though,  I managed to finish about 5 games since
I got a copy from comp.binaries.mac.  I like this game because it is never
the same.

			Thanks
			Mike

bkuo@sal-sun75.usc.edu (Benjamin Kuo) (09/14/90)

It's a feature. I've exchanged a few letters with the author,
Glenn R. Wichman, as I am (was?) the only one registered for the
game as of last month... He has another game, Mombasa, much
like Shanghai/Gunshy, which is worth the $5...

If you haven't paid your shareware fee yet, do. Glenn's told me
he isn't likely to write many more shareware games unless he
gets SOME response (he's a professional programmer, so he really
doesn't NEED to write good shareware programs for the Mac... Send
him letters, praise, and $, and maybe he'll write more...)

I don't have his address here with me (I'm on a SUN, flailing around
with emacs and a darn command line!), but it's in the help dialog...

Benjamin Kuo
(another, poor, shareware author...)