[comp.sys.mac.games] Chipwits???

sarrel@cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Marc Sarrel) (09/24/90)

Several years ago there was a game by the name of Chipwits that I
quite enjoyed.  You wrote graphical progrm for these robots to follow
as they worked their way around a nicely animated 3D maze.

I can't find it anywhere, does someone know if the program is still
around?  I think that it broke on some major system release and the
publisher might not have had it fixed.

--marc
--
Marc A. Sarrel
N7OLI

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (09/24/90)

I agree!

Where is CHIPWITS???

I think that the folks who now own it, are missing out on potentially
lucrative market - what with the low cost macs coming out and all...
Besides, It was a simply great and fun introduction to programming
a computer!

A wise entrapenour (sp) would buy the rights and get that little
baby up and running soon! In color too!

jost@acme.coyote.trw.com (Patrick Jost) (09/25/90)

In article <SARREL.90Sep24010200@cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu> sarrel@cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Marc Sarrel) writes:
>Several years ago there was a game by the name of Chipwits that I
>quite enjoyed.  You wrote graphical progrm for these robots to follow
>as they worked their way around a nicely animated 3D maze.
>
>I can't find it anywhere, does someone know if the program is still
>around?  I think that it broke on some major system release and the
>publisher might not have had it fixed.

BAD NEWS!

Chipwits was published by Brainpower. You're right, the program wasn't
kept up to date, although the company would put people in touch with
the programmer to make whatever deals they could for updates.

In the last month or so, Brainpower has been liquidated. They had
good products (I thought so) but they had problems as well. The
founder of Brainpower is going on to better things, but, alas, I
doubt that the resurrection of Chipwits is among them...

Patrick Jost
--

Patrick Jost (PJester)       | "The thief of Baghdad hides in Islington now"

jost@coyote.trw.com          |              -Marillion (Fish)