[comp.sys.mac.games] Re Solarian II...bug

mt0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mary E. Tyler) (09/06/90)

i've seen it too and it seems to have nothing to do with holding down
the mouse button. i always make sure that i don't hold the button down,
but it still looses my scores sometimes.			meri

cp26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Thomas Parker) (09/11/90)

I think I may have figured this one out...Solarian only loses my scores
when I uses the Caps Lock key to pause the game.

-Chris

fxcmh@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (HARTMAN CHRIS M) (09/26/90)

In article <YatJPBS00VoiE1B1gk@andrew.cmu.edu>, mt0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mary E. Tyler) writes...
>i've seen it too and it seems to have nothing to do with holding down
>the mouse button. i always make sure that i don't hold the button down,
>but it still looses my scores sometimes.			meri

Well, I just caught the tail end of this discussion, but I think I know the
bug.  I can't remember for sure, but I used to play on a friends mac, and
I think you lost the scores if you ABORT the game with the mouse button
held down.  Somebody want to check this out and see if I remember correctly.
        -Chris Hartman

weesh@grymoire.crd.ge.com (Darweesh) (09/26/90)

Supposedly, if you abort your game (command-a) or if you pause and then
start single-stepping (caps-lock to pause-tab to step), then your score
will not be considered for the high-score list.  That is for version II 1.03.

In version II 1.02, it is the same except if you use the caps-lock at all
then your score will not be considered.

-Mike Darweesh
weesh@crd.ge.com

baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) (09/26/90)

In article <8auz5x200WBM42YMIo@andrew.cmu.edu>, cp26+@andrew (Christopher Thomas Parker) writes:
>I think I may have figured this one out...Solarian only loses my scores
>when I uses the Caps Lock key to pause the game.
>
>-Chris

This was a bug in 1.02.  The latest version (just posted to
comp.binaries.mac), 1.03, fixes that.  You *do* however lose your
chance at entering a high score if you use the tab key to single step
through a round.

In repsonse to another poster, I don't think an aborted game ever
qualifies for the high score list.

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."