[comp.sys.mac.games] Sky Shadow or mission Starlight

gck6910@cec1.wustl.edu (Geoffrey Charles Kinnel) (09/27/90)

Are these games mentioned above any good?  I am planning on asking for them
for my birthday and I didn't want to get stuck with some boring game.  As an
alternative, is Armor Alley a better buy?  Thanks for any advice.

Geoff (at above address)

kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu (Ken Hancock) (09/27/90)

In article <1990Sep26.172038.6012@cec1.wustl.edu> gck6910@cec1.wustl.edu (Geoffrey Charles Kinnel) writes:
>Are these games mentioned above any good?  I am planning on asking for them
>for my birthday and I didn't want to get stuck with some boring game.  As an
>alternative, is Armor Alley a better buy?  Thanks for any advice.

I bought both Sky Shadow and Mission Starlight at MacWorld.  A few comments:

1) Sky Shadow is very good.  General shoot-em up.  If I had to compare it
   to a real-world game, sort of like defender, but with ground sites for
   bombinb.

2) Mission Starlight is also good, but not as good as Sky Shadow.  My main
   criticisms were that the game didn't seem to be suited well for the mouse.
   With a joystick, it'd be good.  Each level is divided into two parts,
   the first the approach to planet -- I found it impossible with the mouse
   and use keyboard.  In the second part you're approaching the enemy base
   and have to launch missles to destroy it.  Again, I think a joystick
   would improve the game here.

Although I haven't played Armor Alley yet, I did play Rescue Raiders on
the Apple II and thought it was a great game.  From speaking to a friend,
I gather that it's pretty good -- especially if you're on a network.

Ken

--
Ken Hancock                   | This account needs a new home in MA...
Isle Systems                  | Can you provide a link for it?