[comp.sys.mac.games] Police Quest 1 question

GQ.PAW@forsythe.stanford.edu (10/08/90)

I'm in the midst of Police Quest 1, and have gotten to the part
where I'm gambling with the gangsters.  I play a few rounds of
poker, until I win a round, (according to the game solutions I
FTP'd) and then I go back up to the hotel room to wait for the
assistants.  Well, they never come.  What am I doing wrong??

-- Thanks...

gq.paw@forsythe.stanford.edu

cp26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Thomas Parker) (10/09/90)

GQ.PAW@forsythe.stanford.edu writes:

>I'm in the midst of Police Quest 1, and have gotten to the part
>where I'm gambling with the gangsters.  I play a few rounds of
>poker, until I win a round, (according to the game solutions I
>FTP'd) and then I go back up to the hotel room to wait for the
>assistants.  Well, they never come.  What am I doing wrong??

I think that you actually have to be invited by them.  Win a round, save
the game, win another, etc...  You really have to clean them out in
order to get invited.  (This is only what I remember from having played
the game a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...)

-Chris