[comp.sys.mac.games] Lode / LodeRunner

ganderse@adelphi.ua.oz.au (God of Gods) (10/04/90)

G'day guys,

        I am wondering if someone can help me. I have been playing Lode for a
week now, and have managed to get all the levels up to 55 worked out EXCEPT FOR
LEVEL 50! Does anyone know how to do it? Two of my friends tried it and failed,
the problem being getting the two bags of money from the upper right, and
getting out again. Can anyone help me?

delann@cs.umu.se (Anders Nyman) (10/06/90)

Tips on how to solv level 50 in LodeRunner!

The easy treasures spread all over the screen wont be any problem.
The hard is to get the two treasures located down on the right. To get
those you have to go there your self and wait for one of the chasing guys to
come there. He will then fall down into the hole and you can ran over him
and hopefully get out of there before the other guys get to you. If the
first guy carries a treasure you are dommed to die becasue the other guys will
run over him and catch you. However if he didn+t carry any treasure the
will start run in a circle and you might manage to escape from there. Then
run to the top of the screen so that the guys exept for the one in the
hole follows you. The purpose is to get them as far from the guy in the
hole as possible. Then you go down and approach him from the right. Dig a hole
in the position to the left of the guy in the hole. This might be done by
eather standing on the guy, digging a hole and quickly escape to the right or
by hanging to the left and dig a hole to the right. When he escapes from
the hole (which no longer is a hole) you can reach the treasure and
hopefully get out of there alive.

Finally it is time to take the two treasures located to the upper
right. Go up the and take them. Then dig a hole under the position where the
right one was located and jump down into the hall. You will fall down and
manage to get out on the screen again.

Hope you manage to make it, I did, but it took a while to figure it out!

/Anders

measures@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Mark Measures) (10/09/90)

There is an easier way to get through level 50.  Go to the top-right
canyon immediately, fall down into it, get both treasures, then dig a
hole to the right (next to the edge of the screen).  Go down into this
hole and then down.  There is a trap there that lets you down to the
ladder below.  Then you can get the rest of the treasures.

| Mark Measures                | "I don't know what the program-  |
| Univ. of Texas at Arlington  |  ming language of the year 2000  |
| Arlington, TX                |  will look like, but it will be  |
| measures@evax.arl.utexas.edu |  called Fortran."  - Dijkstra    |

deichman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Shane D. Deichman) (10/09/90)

In article <1568@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> ganderse@adelphi.ua.oz.au.oz.au (God of Gods) writes:

>        I am wondering if someone can help me. I have been playing Lode for a
>week now, and have managed to get all the levels up to 55 worked out EXCEPT FOR
>LEVEL 50! Does anyone know how to do it? Two of my friends tried it and failed,
>the problem being getting the two bags of money from the upper right, and
>getting out again. Can anyone help me?

No problema, senores --

This is one of the more difficult levels (though I thought level
30 required copious amounts of patience, which I DON'T have!)

What you have to do is go right after those two bags -- if you've buried
one of the bad guys and he falls into the pit before you get the
bags, forget it.

If, on the other hand, it's still open, do this:

Fall into the pit and pick up both bags.

Then, move to the left half of the pit.

Dig a hole to the right.

Fall into the hole and move DOWN.

(The bricks beneath the layer on the right are actually
the invisible trap door-type).

There you have it!  Let me know if you need more help.

-shane d deichman