[comp.sys.mac.games] Glider's Cat Room

mbabramowicz@amherst.bitnet (10/11/90)

How do you get through Glider 3.0's "Cat Room" (Level 15).
Help would be much appreciated.

fsnyder@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Fred Snyder) (10/13/90)

mbabramowicz@amherst.bitnet writes:

>How do you get through Glider 3.0's "Cat Room" (Level 15).
>Help would be much appreciated.

I can do it using the Glider, but never with the Dart.
Just fly in over the cat's head.  I have better luck when I go past the cat, andthen back into his head.

--Alfred

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (10/20/90)

The key is to realize that the window near the cat is one of those
windows that opens like an upside down dishwasher, rather than
like a door, and this is is in fact partially opened, so if you
descend toward the cat, and, after descending low enough, you
start ascending, you will fly out the window.

I've never been patient enough to get to room 15 with the glider.
I always use the dart.

						Tim Smith

ps: while I'm here, I really am going to post those life sources
I mentioned weeks ago.  As soon as I manager to get them off my
machine at work and onto my machine here, I will post them.

mlab2@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/23/90)

In article <35056@cup.portal.com>, ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) writes:
> The key is to realize that the window near the cat is one of those
> windows that opens like an upside down dishwasher, rather than
> like a door, and this is is in fact partially opened, so if you
> descend toward the cat, and, after descending low enough, you
> start ascending, you will fly out the window.
>
> I've never been patient enough to get to room 15 with the glider.
> I always use the dart.
>
> 						Tim Smith
> ps: while I'm here, I really am going to post those life sources
> I mentioned weeks ago.  As soon as I manager to get them off my
> machine at work and onto my machine here, I will post them.

Wow, am I actually able to post now?  I've seen a lot of interesting
ways people swear by for getting through the last room.  In fact, I
planned it like this-  There exist two rectangles - one within the
other.  They are invisible of course, but the game checks these to
decide when to swat the cat paw and when to acknowledge that you have
escaped.  As you might guess, the escape rect is WITHIN the "swat
rect."  How to?  The cat has a _brief_ refractory period.  Good luck!
: ==== :*                  **  And watching the stars go on at night,
:  === :*   Soft Dorothy   **  I'd like to see just one of them die..