[comp.sys.mac.games] SimCity Supreme and 6.0.5

loeffler@banach.aca.mcc.com (David D. Loeffler) (10/16/90)

I just upgraded my IIcx last night to 6.0.5 running multifinder.  Now
SimCity crashes when I try to load a city or after I have created a
new city and I try to select the map.  I have the Apple color monitor
and card have have it set on the right bit size for SimCity.  MacsBug
says a bus error and undefined proceedure name.  Anyone  else have
this problem?
David D. Loeffler                               Phone: (512) 338-3666
Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation
3500 West Balcones Center Drive, Austin, Tx 78759
ARPA: Loeffler@MCC.COM
UUCP: {ihnp4,seismo,harvard,gatech,pyramid}!ut-sally!loeffler%mcc.com

ostroff@Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) (10/20/90)

In article <LOEFFLER.90Oct16064840@banach.aca.mcc.com> "David D. Loeffler" <loeffler@MCC.COM> writes:
>I just upgraded my IIcx last night to 6.0.5 running multifinder.  Now
>SimCity crashes when I try to load a city or after I have created a
>new city and I try to select the map.  I have the Apple color monitor

I have a similar system; it's been awhile since I've played SimCity on
it, but don't recall this problem.  My guess would be something to do
with inits.  Have you removed the 32-bit quickdraw init?  I know it
doesn't work with SimCity....

 ==    Boyd Ostroff, Tech Director   ==     Sys Admin, "The CallBoard"      ==
||||  Dept of Theatre, SUNY Oswego  ||||   Serving the Performing Arts     ||||
||||        (315) 341-2987          ||||  315-947-6414 1200/2400 baud 8N1  ||||
 ==     ostroff@oswego.oswego.edu    ==   cboard!sysop@oswego.oswego.edu    ==

ringrose@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Robert Ringrose) (10/22/90)

In article <LOEFFLER.90Oct16064840@banach.aca.mcc.com> "David D. Loeffler" <loeffler@MCC.COM> writes:
>I just upgraded my IIcx last night to 6.0.5 running multifinder.  Now
>SimCity crashes when I try to load a city or after I have created a
>new city and I try to select the map.  I have the Apple color monitor

Are you running Macsbug?  My housemate had the exact same problem (on an SE/30)
and I think he discovered that disabling Macsbug fixed the problem.  Also,
I believe he had some new version of Macsbug, which could explain why the
problem didn't occur until recently.

	- Robert Ringrose

(No signature)
(usual disclaimers)

loeffler@banach.aca.mcc.com (David D. Loeffler) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct20.021306.26199@oswego.Oswego.EDU> ostroff@Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) writes:

   In article <LOEFFLER.90Oct16064840@banach.aca.mcc.com> "David D. Loeffler" <loeffler@MCC.COM> writes:
   >I just upgraded my IIcx last night to 6.0.5 running multifinder.  Now
   >SimCity crashes when I try to load a city or after I have created a
   >new city and I try to select the map.  I have the Apple color monitor

   I have a similar system; it's been awhile since I've played SimCity on
   it, but don't recall this problem.  My guess would be something to do
   with inits.  Have you removed the 32-bit quickdraw init?  I know it
   doesn't work with SimCity....

Well I removed the 32-bit quickdraw init and I could start up new
cities but when I tried loading some of the cities I saved before the
upgrade I got multiple windows and horizontal color streaks across the
whole screen.  I have not tried the predefined situation cities
(Detroit, Boston, ...).  Will try them tonight.

loeffler@daystar.aca.mcc.com (David D. Loeffler) (10/24/90)

In article <11502@life.ai.mit.edu> ringrose@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Robert Ringrose) writes:

   In article <LOEFFLER.90Oct16064840@banach.aca.mcc.com> "David D. Loeffler" <loeffler@MCC.COM> writes:
   >I just upgraded my IIcx last night to 6.0.5 running multifinder.  Now
   >SimCity crashes when I try to load a city or after I have created a
   >new city and I try to select the map.  I have the Apple color monitor

   Are you running Macsbug?  My housemate had the exact same problem (on an SE/30)
   and I think he discovered that disabling Macsbug fixed the problem.  Also,
   I believe he had some new version of Macsbug, which could explain why the
   problem didn't occur until recently.

	   - Robert Ringrose

The behavior lately has been really strange lately.  I am now able to
load and run old cities.  Macsbug is the latest version and is still
enabled.  I am puzzled.  Two days ago, loading a old city would cause
multiple windows and colored horizonal streaks across the entire
monitor screen.  Now they work.  I have run Disinfectant 2.2 and found
no problems.  Now I am thinking of upgrading to 6.0.7 but the problems
people are having with the sound manager is making me think twice.