[comp.sys.mac.games] I'd like to trade

schar@ssdvx2.mdcbbs.com (brian schar) (10/29/90)

I have the following software available to trade:

Falcon 2.0 (box and complete documentation)
Reach for the Stars (box and complete documentation)
Dark Castle (master disk only-I've managed to lose the box and the 1-page
	     directions)

I'm most interested in trading for items such as:
-World Class Leader Board
-Mac Golf
-Any of the Mindscape adventures
-Pool of Radiance
-Citadel

Email me if you're interested and we'll work out the terms of trade.

--
Brian Schar   |  schar@ssdvax.mdcbbs.com
McDonnell Douglas Space Systems Company (the Space Station and Delta guys)

hal@athena.mit.edu (Hal Herhold) (10/30/90)

Excuse me, But isn't that software piracy????

-            "Steal my car, shoot my dog, take my woman...           -
-                 but DON'T touch my lab kit."                       -
- Hal Herhold   hal@athena.mit.edu  herhold@rel.mit.edu   6-3 @ MIT  -
----------------------"ho boy..." QUANTUM LEAP------------------------

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (10/31/90)

In article <1990Oct30.152500.24132@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> hal@athena.mit.edu (Hal Herhold) writes:
>Excuse me, But isn't that software piracy????

Not if:
(a) He (the guy willing to trade) owns the software (ORIGINALS of the
software, excuse me)
(b) The guy he'll be trading with owns ORIGINALS of the software as wel

It'd be like him selling the other guy a program, then turning around and
using that money to buy another program from the same guy.

>-            "Steal my car, shoot my dog, take my woman...           -
>-                 but DON'T touch my lab kit."                       -
>- Hal Herhold   hal@athena.mit.edu  herhold@rel.mit.edu   6-3 @ MIT  -
>----------------------"ho boy..." QUANTUM LEAP------------------------

Donald Burr, c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu  | "I have a seperate mail-address
University of California, Berkeley        | for flames and other such nega-
Majoring in Computer Science              | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu (Mike Gleason) (10/31/90)

> Excuse me, But isn't that software piracy????

No, as long as you trade the actual master disks and manuals "for keeps".

[BTW, Chris Hartman, my mailer refused to reply to you, but I decided to try
 out alter-ego, unfortunately Disk 1 of the set is trashed.  Sorry :-(   ]

   ***
  ***   mike gleason <252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu>
 ***   "It's Hammer time... NOT!" -- Anthrax
***  .signature randomizer 1.0 * write for free c source

hal@athena.mit.edu (Hal Herhold) (11/01/90)

Trading vs copying-
Ah. My mistake in semantics.

My apologies.