[comp.sys.mac.games] Vampire Castle

eval3@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Eric Oosterhof) (11/02/90)

Expires:
Sender: Eric Oosterhof
In article <10052@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu> deane@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu (Rebel Without A Clue) writes:

>	A friend and I found this sort-of-primitive shareware game
>called Vampire Castle (v 6.0) and we're trying to play it to see if we
>like it. But there are 4 rooms and very little to do in them. It's
>one of those text-adventure-with-room-picture games like Enchanted...

OK all of you.  This is my story with this game.  I have had it for about
4 years, and was stuck just like the original poster.  Then, my new
wife who has a penchant for adventure games said that she would solve
it.  I snickered.  She solved it in about one hour, with a little
help from me.  This is the trick.  Put out the fire with the water.
Push the bookcase.  There is a funny command, and I don't recall
exactly what it is.  It is an unusual way to move things.  Find the
rope and all of that.  Get the water from the chapel.  Tie rope to
parapet.  After rowing up the stream, drop the crate, stand on the
crate somehow, and climb onto the ledge upon which the tapestry is
hung.  Then pull out the nails and go back down.  There is a hole.
Behind the hole is the vampire, who is all too easily killed.  I
found this extremely anti-climatic.  Hope no one who was very
enchanted with the game doesn't feel upset to have his or her fun
ruined.

P.S.  As I mentioned, my wife has a penchant, as have I, for
adventure games, text and graphical.  I have a Mac Plus, 2 800K
drives, and 1 Mb memory.  If you know or have any good adventure
games, please E-Mail me at the above address.

Happy spelunking,

Eric Oosterhof