[comp.sys.mac.games] Leather Goddeses of Phobos

evpy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (10/31/90)

Several years ago when I first purchased my Mac + I also purchased Lether
Godeses of Phobos from Infocom .  I have just started playing again and I would
like to buy the hint book, I went to a softwere store but they did,t have any
nor could they order them.  Does anybody have any Idea where I can get one.

Thanx

wt afl[brought sears

eval3@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Eric Oosterhof) (11/06/90)

In article <1990Oct30.162139.676@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> evpy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Several years ago when I first purchased my Mac + I also purchased Lether
>Godeses of Phobos from Infocom .  I have just started playing again and I would...

>wt afl[brought sears

  I don't know about the hint book, but my wife and I have almost solved it.
What we need currently is 'The map of the catacombs that comes with the
owners manual.'  Sounds like some crude copy protection; i.e. can't
solve the game unless you bought it and the map.  If anyone out there
has it, please let me know.  Also, if you want Leather Goddess hints,
let me know and I will try to set you on your way.

Eric Oosterhof

dwright@cbrown.claremont.edu (Dan "(" Wright)) (11/06/90)

In article <7200@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM>, eval3@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Eric Oosterhof) writes...
>What we need currently is 'The map of the catacombs that comes with the
>owners manual.'  Sounds like some crude copy protection; i.e. can't
>solve the game unless you bought it and the map.  If anyone out there
>has it, please let me know.  Also, if you want Leather Goddess hints,
>let me know and I will try to set you on your way.
>

>Eric Oosterhof

Well, I have it and all of the original packaging, having bought LGoP and not
pirated it.  The map & catacombs is not merely "crude copy protection", but the
kind of old-fashioned "read the packaging carefully for clues" stuff that the
really good adventures (interactive fiction) were made of in the proverbial
Good Old Days.  In fact, I suspect that with only the map you'd mostly just
become more frustrated -- you need ALL of the packaging to find your way
through.

Dan Wright '92      DWRIGHT@SIF	         Macintosh Systems Manager
Internet: dwright@hmcvax.claremont.edu
Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA       Consider it disclaimed!