[comp.sys.mac.games] Is SimEarth out ?

conty@cbnewsl.att.com (enrique.conty) (11/08/90)

From what I've seen in this newsgroup it appears that SimEarth by Maxis
Software is out for the Macintosh.

Is that true?  Does it work in color?  On a IIci?  How good is it?  How much
is it?  Am I asking too many questions?
--

			    E n r i q u e  C o n t y
			      jester@ihlpl.att.com

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, scapegoat) (11/08/90)

In article <1990Nov7.185547.28218@cbnewsl.att.com> conty@cbnewsl.att.com (enrique.conty) writes:
>Is that true?  Does it work in color?  On a IIci?  How good is it?  How much
>is it?  Am I asking too many questions?
>--
It is out.
It works in color (they provide a BW version with printing and a color version
   without printing.  game files are mutually compatible)
It works on a IIci under 6.0.5 (haven't tried it under 6.0.7 or other systems)
It is great.  Although I apparently have little natural talent for being
   a planetary manager...
It is about $60 or so.  I got it from ComputerWare in Palo Alto.
You are not asking too many questions.

Hope this helps....

Byron
han@apple.COM

This is not an official Apple endorsement of any products or dealers mentioned.
All trademarks are those of their respective owners.

rawdon@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Michael Rawdon) (11/08/90)

In <11157@goofy.Apple.COM> han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, scapegoat) writes:
>It works in color (they provide a BW version with printing and a color version
>   without printing.  game files are mutually compatible)
>It works on a IIci under 6.0.5 (haven't tried it under 6.0.7 or other systems)

How about on one of those original, boring Mac SEs with black and white
graphics, 1 Mb of Ram, and dull stuff like that?

--
			     Michael Rawdon
		Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana

jcoper@ccu.umanitoba.ca (D. Joseph Creighton) (11/08/90)

In article <4868@rex.cs.tulane.edu> rawdon@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Michael Rawdon) writes:
>In <11157@goofy.Apple.COM> han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, scapegoat) writes:
>>It works in color (they provide a BW version with printing and a color version
>>   without printing.  game files are mutually compatible)
>>It works on a IIci under 6.0.5 (haven't tried it under 6.0.7 or other systems)
>How about on one of those original, boring Mac SEs with black and white
>graphics, 1 Mb of Ram, and dull stuff like that?

Yeah!  I'm not rich either!
---
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
| D. Joseph Creighton                       Department of Computer Services |
| <jcoper@ccu.umanitoba.ca>                      Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada |
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

In article <1990Nov8.003621.2265@ccu.umanitoba.ca> jcoper@ccu.umanitoba.ca (D. Joseph Creighton) writes:
>In article <4868@rex.cs.tulane.edu> rawdon@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Michael Rawdon) writes:
>>How about on one of those original, boring Mac SEs with black and white
>>graphics, 1 Mb of Ram, and dull stuff like that?
>
>Yeah!  I'm not rich either!

I ain't rich either dude!

To quote from the quickstart guide,
hardware: Macintosh Plus, SE, SE/30, LC, II, IIcx, IIci, IIx and IIfx
(I don't know if it works on a IIsi - I'll have to get one and try it out)
1 Mb required for B/W version
2 Mb recommended for color version

You really need a hard disk or two floppy drives (one with system, one
for the game and save files) or one superdrive.

Hope this helps.
Byron