[comp.sys.mac.games] NetChess

mbharrin@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Matt Harrington) (11/03/90)

NetChess unpacks OK, just remove the .signature from the
end of the file.  Also, there is no way to play the
computer, it was designed to allow games to go over
some sort of network.  If you're not on a network, or no
one else wants to play, you're outta luck.

--
Matthew B. Harrington                        Internet: matt@ucsd.edu
University of California at San Diego        Bitnet: MATT@UCSD

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (11/04/90)

A while back, someone mentioned NetChess on this newsgroup.  Can some
kind soul out there either mail me a copy (through E-Mail), or point
me to a FTP site or something, where I can get it?  Thanks!
Donald Burr, c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu  | "I have a seperate mail-address
University of California, Berkeley        | for flames and other such nega-
Majoring in Computer Science              | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

cp26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Thomas Parker) (11/07/90)

Someone said they uploaded NetChess to sumex-aim, but rumor has it that
the moderators have been having a rough time making new space for new
things on the archive.  Is there any place else NetChess can be FTP'd
from?  Maybe it can be put up on rascal.ics.utexas.edu?

-Chris Parker
"Rumors are treason!  Trust no one!  Keep your laser handy!"
cp26@andrew.cmu.edu

drz@po.cwru.edu (11/08/90)

In article <4bBn8WG00UzxE2xcJ1@andrew.cmu.edu> cp26+@andrew.cmu.edu
(Christopher Thomas Parker) writes:
>Someone said they uploaded NetChess to sumex-aim, but rumor has it that
>the moderators have been having a rough time making new space for new
>things on the archive.  Is there any place else NetChess can be FTP'd
>from?  Maybe it can be put up on rascal.ics.utexas.edu?

I'm the one who uploaded NetChess to sumex-aim.  If someone could please
explain to me how to upload to rascal.ics.utexas.edu, I'd be happy to put a
copy up there -- or any other large archives, if there are any popular ones.

Does anyone know the rules for breaking up files for comp.binaries.mac?  The
only things I've uploaded there were very small and didn't have to be split up,
but if someone can tell me how to do so I'll make NetChess available there too.

 -- Dave Zinkin (drz@po.cwru.edu)