[comp.sys.mac.games] Welltris on IIsi

kvc@summer.claremont.edu (Kevin V. Carosso) (11/05/90)

Anyone tried Welltris on a Mac IIsi?  I've got a new 5/80 system, with 6.0.7
and
Color Welltris doesn't work.  It usually gives you a dark window, occasionally
you
can get the game to start but the color is a mess.  It shortly crashes with
Illegal Instruction or something to that effect.

B/W Welltris seems to work ok, but that's no fun!

	/Kevin Carosso

eck@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Hangnail Whipperwill) (11/05/90)

   I found this to be true as well, on a friend's brand-new IIsi 2/40...ack!
By the way...what kind of hard drives are standard on the IIsi?  His seems to
be really slow...the machine as a whole seemed slowed than my SE/30!

Brian

mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu (Michael A. Kelly) (11/05/90)

Hello peoples.  I believe the problem is that Welltris doesn't run with
32-bit QuickDraw installed.

But I may be wrong....

Mike.
--
Michael A. Kelly                 | "Fish heads, fish heads,
Internet: mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu  |  Roly-poly fish heads,

atkins@Apple.COM (Andy Atkins) (11/06/90)

In article <1990Nov5.072925.21836@cs.uoregon.edu>, mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu (Michael A. Kelly) writes:

> Hello peoples.  I believe the problem is that Welltris doesn't run with
> 32-bit QuickDraw installed.

I don't know about the IIsi, but on my IIci (which has 32-bit QuickDraw in
ROM), the *original* color Welltris didn't run. A few months ago, however,
Spectrum-Holobyte shipped me an update that was compatible with 32-bit
Quickdraw (since I was a register user).

Who knows? This version of Welltris may fix your IIsi problems too.

-aa

             Andy Atkins
  EMail:     atkins@apple.com    - OR -    {sun,decwrl,amdahl}!apple!atkins
  SnailMail: 20525 Mariani Avenue 27-O, Cupertino, CA  95014
Standard disclaimer:
	 The above in no way represents the views of Apple Computer, Inc.

mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu (Michael A. Kelly) (11/06/90)

In article <46315@apple.Apple.COM> atkins@Apple.COM (Andy Atkins) writes:

>I don't know about the IIsi, but on my IIci (which has 32-bit QuickDraw in
>ROM), the *original* color Welltris didn't run. A few months ago, however,
>Spectrum-Holobyte shipped me an update that was compatible with 32-bit
>Quickdraw (since I was a register user).

I am a registered user; why haven't I received an update?  I must have the
original color Welltris since it doesn't run under 32-bit QD.  Has anyone
else gotten an update?

Mike.
--
Michael A. Kelly                 | "Fish heads, fish heads,
Internet: mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu  |  Roly-poly fish heads,
America Online: Michael792       |  Fish heads, fish heads,
Compu$erve: 73567,1651           |  Eat them up, yum!"      - Barnes & Barnes

jcj@rlgvax.UUCP (Jeff Jones) (11/09/90)

It must be version problems.  We have Color Welltris on our IIsi, and
it works just fine.  Call Spectrum Holobyte!

--
Jeff Jones		easy: jcj@{ropes,rlgvax}.opcr.icl.com	[Go Cubs!]
ICL Inc.		hard: uunet!rlgvax!jcj			[Next Year!]