[comp.sys.mac.games] Fool's Errand- HELP ME!!!!!!

dan@mvaxcs1.cse.nau.edu (J Dan McMichael) (11/07/90)

I need help in a big way. I have finished all of the puzzles and have
put together the Sun Puzzle, but now what?  I know that if you click
on certain places on the puzzle you have a chance to solve some other
puzzles, but I have no clue where to even start on these.  I need
significant help.  I just got access to posting (I had the Sun Puzzle
done two months ago) so this is the first chance I've had to ask
anyone.  Spoilers or significant hints are all welcome.  If you e-mail
me please state whether it is a spoiler or a hint.  Thanks much!!!

-dan

 <----------------------------------------------------------------->
< Dan McMichael      | Email: dan@mvaxcs1.cse.nau.edu  | I was      >
< Northern Arizona U.----------------------------------- possessed  >
< Flagstaff,         | "I thought we were an autonomous| when I     >
< Arizona            | collective." -Monty Python      | said it.   >
 <----------------------------------------------------------------->

kem@h.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Kenneth Mohnkern) (11/09/90)

dan@mvaxcs1.cse.nau.edu (J Dan McMichael) writes:
>I need help in a big way. I have finished all of the puzzles and have
>put together the Sun Puzzle, but now what?

Printing the story will help. Reread the story and pay attention to the
highlighted words. Also, look at the letters on the map. Follow the route.
Just start plugging things into the puzzles where they fit.

I finished the game a few months ago, so I'm afraid I can't be of much
specific help.

Good luck.
	ken

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (11/09/90)

dan@mvaxcs1.cse.nau.edu (J Dan McMichael) writes:

>I need help in a big way. I have finished all of the puzzles and have
>put together the Sun Puzzle, but now what?  I know that if you click
>on certain places on the puzzle you have a chance to solve some other
>puzzles, but I have no clue where to even start on these.

They're all just word puzzles, much like the others in the game.  Read the
story (you did print out the story, yes?) carefully, especially the highlighted
parts.  Look carefully at the notes in the Book of Thoth, and try and find
relationships between the notes and the locations you've visited.  If the
Book says something is "confused", that means it's scrambled.  If it says
that it is "disguised", that means that it's coded somehow.  Also note that
every piece of information on the map is useful - although there are individual
items which are not used, every group of similar things is a clue.

E-mail me if you need more specific stuff.
--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us