[comp.sys.mac.games] Where can I get SimCity ???

cmorgan@ooc.uva.nl (Chris Morgan/RIKS) (11/09/90)

Hi one and all,

I've been reading about this new game (or at least apparently new) on the
Mac called SinCity. I'd like very much to get it. Is it Public domain ?
Is there an anonymous FTP site where I can log onto and get it from. I've
already tried e.ms.uky.edu and f.ms.uky.edu but it won't let me log in -
something due to the time of day and traffic problems.

Also there is a department here that is interested in developing simulation
programs - such as SimCity - and they would like very much to get hold of
a copy of the source code if that is at all possible.

Can anyone out there help me ???

Thanks in advance,

Chris Morgan
cmorgan@ooc.uva.nl

josh@athena.mit.edu (Josh Hartmann) (11/09/90)

In article <15456@slice.ooc.uva.nl>, cmorgan@ooc.uva.nl (Chris Morgan/RIKS) writes:
|> I've been reading about this new game (or at least apparently new) on the
|> Mac called SinCity. I'd like very much to get it. Is it Public domain ?

Nope. Gotta buy it.

|> Is there an anonymous FTP site where I can log onto and get it from. I've
|> already tried e.ms.uky.edu and f.ms.uky.edu but it won't let me log in -
|> something due to the time of day and traffic problems.

Won't do you much good anyway.

Josh
josh@athena.mit.edu

glambert@pyred.pyramid.com (George Lambert) (11/09/90)

In article <15456@slice.ooc.uva.nl> cmorgan@ooc.uva.nl (Chris Morgan/RIKS) writes:
>Hi one and all,
>
>I've been reading about this new game (or at least apparently new) on the
>Mac called SinCity. I'd like very much to get it. Is it Public domain ?
>Is there an anonymous FTP site where I can log onto and get it from. I've
>already tried e.ms.uky.edu and f.ms.uky.edu but it won't let me log in -
>something due to the time of day and traffic problems.
>
>Also there is a department here that is interested in developing simulation
>programs - such as SimCity - and they would like very much to get hold of
>a copy of the source code if that is at all possible.
>
>Can anyone out there help me ???

Go down to your local computer store and BUY it.  That's where it is.  It is
not available via FTP.

Once you purchase it, you can contact the software publishing house that is
responsible for it and ask them if they will sell you source code.

Ta-Dah!  Nothing to it!

George Lambert

firth@sei.cmu.edu (Robert Firth) (11/09/90)

In article <15456@slice.ooc.uva.nl> cmorgan@ooc.uva.nl (Chris Morgan/RIKS) writes:

>I've been reading about this new game (or at least apparently new) on the
>Mac called SinCity. I'd like very much to get it. Is it Public domain ?
>Is there an anonymous FTP site where I can log onto and get it from...

The game is called SimCity, and is a couple of years old.  The colour
version (SimCity Supreme) is newer and looks a lot better in a demo,
but my Mac is b&w sigh!

It is made by Maxis Software, and can be obtaindes via the distributors,
Bro/derbund, or any of the usual mail order places.

Folks, please, please don't try to avoid paying for games such as
SimCity.  If we do, fine companies such as Maxis will stop making
them, and we'll all lose.  Look at it this way - $30 for SimCity,
and $30 for the Terrain Editor (or whatever it cost - I forget)
was $60 part of which went into SimEarth.  And part of the $60
or whatever for SimEarth might fund something even better, if you
can imagine that.   Thanks for listening.