[comp.sys.mac.games] FTP SITES

rg1g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert Glazier) (11/13/90)

How does one log onto the FTP site at Stanford or at Texas?? I am new to
internet and have not figured it out yet.  I can access the Stanford
address, but it asks me for a log-on id.  Do I need to talk to someone
about getting one?

                                            -Thanks

dan@mvaxcs1.cse.nau.edu (J Dan McMichael) (11/14/90)

rg1g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert Glazier) writes:
>How does one log onto the FTP site at Stanford or at Texas? I am new to
>internet and have not figured it out yet.  I can access the Stanford
>address, but it asks me for a log-on id.  Do I need to talk to someone
>about getting one?

Like all (anonymous) ftp sites you type in 'anonymous' for the loggin
id (or whatever they choose to call it) and then you can type in
anything you want for the password.  The sites usually like it if you
type in your address as the password.  This way they can keep an acurate
record of where the calls are coming from and that sort of stuff.

-dan

< Dan McMichael      | Email: dan@mvaxcs1.cse.nau.edu  | I was      >
< Northern Arizona U.----------------------------------- possessed  >
< Flagstaff,         | "I thought we were an autonomous| when I     >
< Arizona            | collective." -Monty Python      | said it.   >