[comp.sys.mac.games] Soft Dorothy games

mlab2@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (11/14/90)

In article <7010@vax1.acs.udel.EDU>, moyer@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Eric Moyer) writes:
>  Say, are you the lc who wrote Pararena and all them S.D games? (I assume from
> your signature)

john calhoun.  Yep, that's me.

>  FREE PLUG: If you don't have Pararena yet then GET OFF YOUR BUTT and download
> it from somewhere! Sumex may have it, but I don't remember. Find it! Its the

Sumex has Pararena 1.0 or 1.1.  Can some kind soul who yanked 1.2 off America
Online mail it to sumex?  I can't get my mail to work.  I don't understand
these Vax things.  In fact, now's a good time to apologize to those who have
sent me mail w/o reply.  I can't mail!

As well, here are the latest versions of other games:
   Pararena 1.2
   Glypha 3.0
   Glider 3.0
   Stella Obscura 1.0

> P.S. Unfortunately, none of the S.D. games run on my machine! I've got a IIsi
>     and I haven't been able to get them to work. Pararena gets through the
>     title screen (which runs VERY fast, but crashes when the game begins).
>     Same with Glyphia. Haven't tried glider on it. Tell me how to make them
>     run on an si (if its possible) and your check is in the mail!!!!!!!!!!

And if someone of programming expertise could tell me what's unique about
toolbox calls on the IIsi, I would fix all of the games.  Any tech notes on the
IIsi yet?

:======:****************************************************************
: ==== :*                  **  And watching the stars go on at night, **
:  === :*   Soft Dorothy   **  I'd like to see just one of them die.. **
:  ==  :*                  *****************************************jc**
:.=....:****************************************************************

jtgorman@cs.arizona.edu (Quaestor) (11/15/90)

In article <26899.27402ef3@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> mlab2@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>As well, here are the latest versions of other games:
>   Pararena 1.2
>   Glypha 3.0
>   Glider 3.0
>   Stella Obscura 1.0
  Since you are the author of these titles and authors love to plug things
AND I have never heard of this one, what is it?