[comp.sys.mac.games] SimCity Suppliments

lorner@ecst.csuchico.edu (Lance Orner) (11/14/90)

Now that everybody is salivating over SimEarth (including myself), I've got
a question about SimCity if anybody feels like shifting gears.

It was rumored on the net a while back about some supplementary types
of "building blocks" (pun sort-of intended) for SimCity -- like for
future types of cities and such.  In the SimEarth box, there was a little
flier advertising these packages, but has anybody heard more about these?
More specifically, does anybody know when they'll be out?

Maxis has be busy lately, and they've produced some great work.

BTW:  I still haven't found out about how robots evolve in SimEarth.  There
definitely is support for them in the game, but they can kill most any
other type of creature, and can live in any type of weather.  Ideas?

--
--Lance M. Orner             |  Without the software to run the
California St. Univ., Chico  |  hardware, you get _nowhere_!

) (11/15/90)

In article <1990Nov13.225024.24771@ecst.csuchico.edu> lorner@ecst.csuchico.edu (Lance Orner) writes:
>It was rumored on the net a while back about some supplementary types
>of "building blocks" (pun sort-of intended) for SimCity -- like for
>future types of cities and such.  In the SimEarth box, there was a little
>flier advertising these packages, but has anybody heard more about these?
>More specifically, does anybody know when they'll be out?

I've checked with three local outlets (Babbages, Walden's, and Software Etc)
None have a release date for the Mac version.  The IBM ones are out.

--
| kreme@nyx.cs.du.edu |Growing up leads to growing old, and then to dying, and|
|---------------------|dying to me don't sound like all that much fun.        |