[comp.sys.mac.games] ?Harpoon recommendations?

LSB103@psuvm.psu.edu (11/14/90)

Just an update on this subject...I have just recieve my subscription of
Macworld and MacUser.  Harpoon is included in many of the major mail-
order firms.  Unlike the PC version,  none of the companies have any
additional auxilary programs to supplement this game.  I'm going to order
it as soon as possible though.  Does anyone out there know any bugs to date?
What is the minimum hardware requirement?  If no one out there know the
answers by the time I recieve mine, then I'll post a review of it.

jtgorman@cs.arizona.edu (Quaestor) (11/14/90)

In article <90317.111244LSB103@psuvm.psu.edu> LSB103@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Just an update on this subject...I have just recieve my subscription of
>Macworld and MacUser.  Harpoon is included in many of the major mail-
>order firms.  Unlike the PC version,  none of the companies have any
>additional auxilary programs to supplement this game.  I'm going to order
>it as soon as possible though.  Does anyone out there know any bugs to date?
>What is the minimum hardware requirement?  If no one out there know the
>answers by the time I recieve mine, then I'll post a review of it.

  Are you talking about the naval simulation for Harpoon?  I've been trying
to find it for ever.  My mac magazines get delivered to my parent's house,
so I get them a month late.  If this is the *true* Harpoon, would you
please post where to get it so all who asked can get it?

|     John Taggart Gorman Jr.    | "I'm a no rust build up man myself."
|                                |          -Jason Dean (Christian Slater)
| jtgorman@caslon.cs.arizona.edu |           in _Heathers_

LSB103@psuvm.psu.edu (11/17/90)

O.K.  This is taken out from the December issue of Macworld, I haven't
      recieve my issue of MacUser yet.

Page 162     MacWAREHOUSE      1(800)255-6227      $39
      There is a color picture of the game on the left bottom corner of page
      163.  It seems to be the right program to me since it has the same cover
      as the PC version.  This is the sidebar
      "As NATO Task Force Commander you must deplo subs, ships and aircraft to
locate, engage and defeat the Soviet's northern battle fleet, poised and awaiti
ng your next move.  At your disposal are a database of over 100 NATO and soviet
 weapons systems, a Staff Assistant and more."

Page 278    The Mac Zone       1(800)248-0800      $40

Page 319    MAc's Place        1(800)367-4222      $39

This is all I can find, if anyone else find another source please post.  When I
 recieve my game, I'll post a review.