[comp.sys.mac.games] AD&D games by SSI/Curse of the A.B.

jford@eagle.wesleyan.edu (11/21/90)

I've seen what must be _Curse of the Azure Bonds_ advertised in the latest
MacWorld.  I don't have the issue with me, but I think it's in the last
multi-page mail-order spread.

At the time I thought it was a misprint (it says something like "AD&D: Pool of
Radiance/Curse"; maybe they thought it was a sequel...)

Someone post the name of the mail-order company if this is accurate.  I'm going
home for break now, but when I get back I'll be interested in ordering CAB
myself.

						---- Jamie Ford ----

smsmith@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Smith) (11/22/90)

In article <1990Nov21.100402.36044@eagle.wesleyan.edu> jford@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:

>At the time I thought it was a misprint (it says something like "AD&D: Pool of
>Radiance/Curse"; maybe they thought it was a sequel...)

Curse *is* a sequel to Pool.  Secret of the Silver Blades is the
third in this series.  You can transfer your characters from one
to the next, or create 5th level people at the beginning of the game.

S. "Stevie" Smith \  +  /
<smsmith@hpuxa.   \+++++/    " #*&<-[89s]*(k#$@-_=//a2$]'+=.(2_&*%>,,@
 ircc.ohio-state. \  +  /      {7%*@,..":27g)-=,#*:.#,/6&1*.4-,l@#9:-)  "
 edu>             \  +  /
 BTW, WYSInaWYG   \  +  /                              --witty.saying.ARC

changwoo@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Chang P. Woo) (11/22/90)

jford@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:

>I've seen what must be _Curse of the Azure Bonds_ advertised in the latest
>MacWorld.  I don't have the issue with me, but I think it's in the last
>multi-page mail-order spread.

>						---- Jamie Ford ----

A friend of mine just got it from Mac's Place. It looks very good -- the
interface is different and speed is better. It is actually playable in
SE.

A question. He is trying to get the clue book for Curse of the Azure
Bonds, but he doesn't want to get it from SSI, since SSI claims that it
takes 2-4 weeks for delivery. Is there any mail order stores that carry
the clue book for CAB? We tried Mac's Place and MacConnection, but
neither of them carry the clue book.

Chang
--
Chang P. Woo
Chang.P.Woo@dartmouth.EDU (preferred)

kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (Something Completely Different) (11/25/90)

In article <1990Nov21.100402.36044@eagle.wesleyan.edu> jford@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>At the time I thought it was a misprint (it says something like "AD&D: Pool of
>Radiance/Curse"; maybe they thought it was a sequel...)

It is a sequel.  Same characters, same world, same game.  New setting and higher
levels.  But a sequel nonetheless

--
| kreme@nyx.cs.du.edu |Growing up leads to growing old, and then to dying, and|
|---------------------|dying to me don't sound like all that much fun.        |