[comp.sys.mac.games] Curse of the A.Bonds

ric@netcom.UUCP (Richard Bretscheider) (11/24/90)

I saw Curse of the Asure Bonds in the store yesterday but was
unable to get a good answer from the DOSnick who runs the store.
The question?  Does this use the "same" engine as Pool of Radiance?

I found PoR to be way TOO slow to be considered anything near fun.
The only way I'll even try Curse is with an unbiased opinion from
someone who has experienced both games.

Oh one more thing, I'm running on a 4mg Plus.

Please let me know whether to run out and buy this one, or spend
the money on another Genesis cartridge.

Thanks in advance.

--

"If you're not going to kill me, I've got things to do."
Ric Bretschneider

smsmith@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Smith) (11/25/90)

In article <17359@netcom.UUCP> ric@netcom.UUCP (Richard Bretscheider) writes:
>I saw Curse of the Asure Bonds in the store yesterday but was
>unable to get a good answer from the DOSnick who runs the store.
>The question?  Does this use the "same" engine as Pool of Radiance?

I haven't played these games on a Mac, but my experience with the
IBM says "yes" to your question.  In fact, a while back I said in
a posting that TSR should change the interface because it's always
the same:  Same 3D view, same windowing environment, same commands,
same subscreens, same, same, same...

>I found PoR to be way TOO slow to be considered anything near fun.
>The only way I'll even try Curse is with an unbiased opinion from
>someone who has experienced both games.

Yes, they are both very tedious.  This is because each battle takes
much longer than the average battle of other RPG's.

S. "Stevie" Smith \  +  /
<smsmith@hpuxa.   \+++++/    " #*&<-[89s]*(k#$@-_=//a2$]'+=.(2_&*%>,,@
 ircc.ohio-state. \  +  /      {7%*@,..":27g)-=,#*:.#,/6&1*.4-,l@#9:-)  "
 edu>             \  +  /
 BTW, WYSInaWYG   \  +  /                              --witty.saying.ARC

grigg@sce.carleton.ca (Ken Grigg) (11/26/90)

I've heard a lot of complaints about the TSR interface and PoR,
but IMHO it's certainly a workable interface supporting a very
complex game (AD&D).  If you've every played the real thing,
seeing it fully automated (albeit with a few bugs) is really a lot
of fun.  Other systems may be have better implementations, but
if you're into AD&D I haven't seen a better alternative!  I can't
wait to see CotAB in my local store...

...Ken Grigg.

PS - I'm just a player, not an investor.  These views are mine
     alone, and I've nothing to do with TSR!