[comp.sys.mac.games] Apache Strike problems

carsup@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Fisher Library support) (11/26/90)

Hello, I just purchased a copy of Apache Strike. Will it work with an SE/30?
It keeps on complaining about memory allocation. Any comments?
If it doesn't, I'll just give it to someone else. :)

Thanks,
Norton

graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham) (11/27/90)

turn off all of your inits - A.S. is fussy about them

mike

smith@coral.bucknell.edu (Greg Smith) (11/27/90)

In article <1990Nov26.013026.26396@metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU>, carsup@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Fisher Library support) writes:
> Hello, I just purchased a copy of Apache Strike. Will it work with an SE/30?
> It keeps on complaining about memory allocation. Any comments?
> If it doesn't, I'll just give it to someone else. :)

Yes, Apache Strike will work on the SE/30, but only if you have version 1.2 or
later of Apache Strike.  The original version won't run on the SE/30 or any
Macintosh II system. You probably got an older version when you ordered yours.
If you call Silicon Beach at the phone number on the box and explain your
problem, they can send you the updated version, which even runs on a IIci!
They did it for me, and I think it works great!  (I had really missed playing
Apache Strike after I upgraded from an SE to an SE/30.)

> Thanks,
> Norton

Greg Smith

| Gregory J. Smith           | Internet: smith@bucknell.edu       |
| Systems Analyst/Postmaster |           smith@coral.bucknell.edu |
| Bucknell Computer Services | BITNET:   smith@bucknell.bitnet    |
| Bucknell University        |           smith@bknlvms.bitnet     |
| Lewisburg, PA  17837       | AT&Tnet:  (717) 524-1801           |