	From: David.Black@a.cs.cmu.edu
	Date: Tue, 14 Jan 86 14:37 EST
	Subject: Green and Gold GG1
	To: railroad@rochester.ARPA

	was most likely 4935, restored to its Pennsy livery by private
	donations; this engine is now at the RR Museum of PA at
	Strasburg (near Lancaster).  NJT also had a tuscan red (Pennsy
	livery) GG1, 4877 (?), but I don't know where that  unit is
	now.

	--Dave

Hmm... this doesn't match what I saw.  This sighting was the day after
Thanksgiving, 1985, in or near Newark, NJ.  I missed the number, curse it,
but I believe that it was Brunswick Green (unless my memory editor has been
at work), it certainly had the gold pinstripes, and it was in a line with
two or three other GG1s painted for CR (black, at least; there was a line of
something-or-other between my Amcoach and the GG1s).  I was in shock
afterward, because I didn't think there were any GG1s anywhere near actual
operational shape, and I hadn't expected to see them.

Oh, well.  I'll just run my N scale GG1.  Anybody got any Rivarossi
smoothside Pennsy cars to sell?  No RPOs, tail cars, or cheap ConCor
imitations, please.

Dennis