[comp.sys.mac.games] SimCity - Traffic Congestion

billg@hitachi.uucp (Bill Gundry) (11/30/90)

From article <9668@fy.sei.cmu.edu>, by firth@sei.cmu.edu (Robert Firth):
> In article <90330.145528RJGRAHAM@MIAMIU.BITNET> RJGRAHAM@MIAMIU.BITNET (Bob Graham) writes:
>
>>     When I have heavy traffic on a road, adding a rail next to it
>>does not seem to lower the traffic level substantially.  This seems
>>to indicate that there is a preference for roads.
>
> That's been my experience too, playing the scenarios that have this
> feature.  Since the traffic algorithms are based on the trip as the

When I get the "heavy traffic reported"  notices, and the congestion map
shows red all over a particular artery, I just get out the old
bulldozer, nuke the road and install mass transit. This appears to
make the problem go away. I now have a metropolis conssiting mainly
of mass transit and no congestion...

Bill Gundry
Hitachi America
...uunet!hitachi!billg