[comp.sys.mac.games] Zork II -- Help!

raven@pawl.rpi.edu (Jennifer Lynn Piatek) (11/26/90)

Boy, do I feel stupid :)

But, I'm having trouble with Zork II.   I seem to be missing one of the
treasures.  Could someone please send me a list of them?  Not where to
find them, just what they are.

Thanks.

Jen (raven@pawl.rpi.edu)

jpollock@eagle.wesleyan.edu (11/29/90)

In article <-V~^9-_@rpi.edu>, raven@pawl.rpi.edu (Jennifer Lynn Piatek) writes:
> Boy, do I feel stupid :)
>
> But, I'm having trouble with Zork II.   I seem to be missing one of the
> treasures.  Could someone please send me a list of them?  Not where to
> find them, just what they are.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jen (raven@pawl.rpi.edu)

I haven't quite finished Zork II but I think I know all the treasures: golden
statuette, fancy violin, bank portrait of flathead, box of
candy(?-except you need to use it to get past guardian on door), crown of
flathead, zorkmid, flathead stamp, pearl necklace, golden key, ruby, and I
think that's it....but one thing: I think the last treausre is the sword,
unless there's another treasure I haven't found.  If you say, "drop treasures",
the sword will not be dropped, and yet the sword is accepted later on.
I'm pretty sure the sword counts(it worked for me!)  Hope I haven't left out
anything, but I haven't played for awhile....

If you figure the rest out, can you help me out?  I have 375 out of 400 points
and I'm stuck...I don't know what else there is to do....What point are you up
to?

John(JPOLLOCK@eagle.wesleyan.edu)

lavonius@cc.helsinki.fi (Ville Lavonius, University Of Helsinki) (11/30/90)

In article <1990Nov28.205010.36229@eagle.wesleyan.edu>, jpollock@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
> In article <-V~^9-_@rpi.edu>, raven@pawl.rpi.edu (Jennifer Lynn Piatek) writes:
>> Boy, do I feel stupid :)
>>
>> But, I'm having trouble with Zork II.   I seem to be missing one of the
>> treasures.  Could someone please send me a list of them?  Not where to
>> find them, just what they are.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Jen (raven@pawl.rpi.edu)
>
> I haven't quite finished Zork II but I think I know all the treasures: golden
> statuette, fancy violin, bank portrait of flathead, box of
> candy(?-except you need to use it to get past guardian on door), crown of
> flathead, zorkmid, flathead stamp, pearl necklace, golden key, ruby, and I
> think that's it....but one thing: I think the last treausre is the sword,
> unless there's another treasure I haven't found.  If you say, "drop treasures",
> the sword will not be dropped, and yet the sword is accepted later on.
> I'm pretty sure the sword counts(it worked for me!)  Hope I haven't left out
> anything, but I haven't played for awhile....
>
> If you figure the rest out, can you help me out?  I have 375 out of 400 points
> and I'm stuck...I don't know what else there is to do....What point are you up
> to?
>
> John(JPOLLOCK@eagle.wesleyan.edu)

It's been ages since I played Zork II, but I think there's another treasure in
the bank. In the vaults I mean. It's a pretty difficult problem too, but the
note in the bank will set you in the right direction.
--
../       Ville Lavonius        l  He who lives by the sword        /...