[comp.sys.mac.games] $25 for StarFlight

ac3a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Axel Cleeremans) (11/30/90)

I am selling "StarFlight" for the Macintosh. The game is compatible with all
Macs, as far as I can tell (It runs fine on the SE and on the IIsi, and
in color when available). It requires the use of a code wheel but the
disk itself is not copy-protected.
My copy is complete and in mint condition, except for the registration
card (which I unfortunately used before even looking at the program).
I am selling it because I don't like it. Current mail-order prices seem
to hover around $40; I would like to get $25 for it.

If interested, send me e-mail to discuss further (i.e., shipping) details.

Axel Cleeremans (cleeremans @ psy.cmu.edu)
Department of Psychology
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA 15213

PS : I would really like to see real reviews (i.e., detailed) of the following
     games and products :

     - Spaceward Ho! [Delta Tao] (announced in Mac's Place catalog)
     - Global Dilemma : Guns & Butter
     - SimCity graphics sets [Maxis]

kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Kok Yong Tan) (11/30/90)

In article <IbJI_ry00UzxI26H47@andrew.cmu.edu> ac3a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Axel Cleeremans) writes:
>I am selling "StarFlight" for the Macintosh. The game is compatible with all
>Macs, as far as I can tell (It runs fine on the SE and on the IIsi, and
>in color when available).
    ^^^^^
Provided you don't have version 1.2 of the 32-bit Quickdraw INIT installed.  If
you do, it will lock up your Mac soon after you double-click on the icon.  You
have to remove it from the System Folder and reboot before you can play
"StarFlight".  I've called Electronic Arts but outside of the above advice,
they don't have a 32-bit Quickdraw compatible version available.

Kok-Yong Tan can be reached at:      | "Oscularis fundamentum!"
InterNet: kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu |	     	       - Annoyed Latin scholar
CompuServe: 75046,256                | I speak for myself and disclaim all ties
America Online: lallang              | with regard to this message.

conty@cbnewsl.att.com (The Conty) (11/30/90)

In article <1990Nov30.032518.21408@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Kok Yong Tan) writes:
> In article <IbJI_ry00UzxI26H47@andrew.cmu.edu> ac3a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Axel Cleeremans) writes:
> >I am selling "StarFlight" for the Macintosh. The game is compatible with all
> >Macs, as far as I can tell (It runs fine on the SE and on the IIsi, and
> >in color when available).
>     ^^^^^
> Provided you don't have version 1.2 of the 32-bit Quickdraw INIT installed.  If
> you do, it will lock up your Mac soon after you double-click on the icon.  You
> have to remove it from the System Folder and reboot before you can play
> "StarFlight".  I've called Electronic Arts but outside of the above advice,
> they don't have a 32-bit Quickdraw compatible version available.

That's funny, I played the game (and completed it) on a Mac IIci,
which has 32-bit Color QuickDraw on ROM.  No problems whatsoever.
--

			    E n r i q u e  C o n t y
			      jester@ihlpl.att.com