[comp.sys.mac.games] Zork II

grue@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Frobozz) (12/07/90)

In <1990Dec7.093536.142@covax.commerce.uq.oz.au> wood@covax.commerce.uq.oz.au writes:

>By the way, another Infocom game - Zork 2 - Someone posted recently asking
>for a list of treasures, I too came up one short. Subtle cheating told me
>there was a stack of Zorkmid bills in the bank of Zork, but I can't for the
>life of me get at it.

There is a way of getting the bills, I never worked out exactly how to do it
I just walked in and out of the bank lots of times with/without items in the
two entry rooms.  Eventually I would get the stack of bills,  I would like to
know the rational for the solution to this puzzle.

When I played, there was an interesting 'bug' that ment you could be one
treasure short.
When you put the last sphere on the stand and the black one appears, you
say 'get it' and you will get the last coloured sphere back.  It is a treasure.

[ I hope I remembered all the details correctly ]

							Pauli
seeya

Paul Dale               | Internet/CSnet:            grue@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au
Dept of Computer Science| Bitnet:       grue%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
Uni of Qld              | JANET:           grue%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uk.ac.ukc
Australia, 4072         | EAN:                          grue@batserver.cs.uq.oz
f4e6g4Qh4++             | JUNET:                     grue@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au
--

jpollock@eagle.wesleyan.edu (12/08/90)

Re: bank of Zork in Zork II.  Many people have been offering subtle hints about
how to solve the mystery of the bank....something about Zork bills or
something.  I really just want to know how to get the damn treasure, if anyone
knows.  Then, if I have the bills, and I give those to the demon instead of the
sword, then how does that help me?  And what am I supposed to do in the crypt
of Zork, with all the flatheads on the poles?  Send E-Mail if you're afraid of
spoiling for others, but otherwise just post.

Thanx a lot.
Jpollock@eagle.wesleyan.edu