[comp.sys.mac.games] Bridge On Mac?

kumar@rigel.uucp (2425B-Arumugam Kumaran(1728)m000) (12/07/90)

        Hello:

        Are there any Bridge Programs for Mac?  So far, I could not
        find any.  I am looking for a program, that can "teach" to
        some extend...

        I'd be interested in buying the software, if should someone
        has one and is willing to sell.

        Thanks.
        Kumar.

Dan.Hughes@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Dan Hughes) (12/09/90)

Check out Bridge 6.0 by Aorkx. It's advertised in [BWacWarehouse's
latest Catelogue and is quite enjoyable. Plus it has a hit mode during
the biidding sequence and you can replay and set up hands. Quite nice,
but surprisingly not as good as chess simulations on the Mac. I mean, I
can actually win at Bridge 6.0 but beating Sargon is an impossibility
for me, at least.

--

   	Dan Hughes, Dan.Hughes@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
   	via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway

a1104@mindlink.UUCP (Linda Richards) (12/09/90)

> kumar@rigel.uucp writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1990Dec7.130017.2422@towernet.cc.bellcore.com>
>
> Org.  : Bellcore, Livingston, NJ
> Person: 2425B-Arumugam Kumaran(1728
>

>         Hello:
>
>         Are there any Bridge Programs for Mac?  So far, I could not
>         find any.  I am looking for a program, that can "teach" to
>         some extend...
>
>         I'd be interested in buying the software, if should someone
>         has one and is willing to sell.
>
>         Thanks.
>         Kumar.

After a considerable search I located Bridge Baron II distributed by Great
Games Products in Maryland. It was quite expensive ($59.95 Canadian) and very
disapointing. Looks like a game that I would not have been pleased with on my
old TRS80. It was obviously ported for the Mac rather than created for it: this
is the most inelegant peice of software I have seen.
For all that it plays quite well although you had best know something about the
game before you start. It is a good way to sharpen up basic skills in playing
the two hands.

Let me know what other bridge programs your search turns up. I would love to
see one with graphics and a smoother interface.

deichman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Shane D. Deichman) (12/10/90)

In article <2709.2762196F@blkcat.fidonet.org> Dan.Hughes@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Dan Hughes) writes:
>Check out Bridge 6.0 by Aorkx. It's advertised in [BWacWarehouse's
>latest Catelogue and is quite enjoyable. Plus it has a hit mode during
>the biidding sequence and you can replay and set up hands. Quite nice,
>but surprisingly not as good as chess simulations on the Mac. I mean, I
>can actually win at Bridge 6.0 but beating Sargon is an impossibility
>for me, at least.

Well, you know what they say about how bridge is a lot like sex -- if
you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a great hand!

-shane

"the Ayatollah of Rock-and-Rollah"

               |        |        "Seven No-Trump, man!"
               |    (o o)       /