[comp.sys.mac.games] Wizardry 1

ak35+@andrew.cmu.edu (Andy Kurtz) (12/14/90)

While we're on the topic, I have a couple of questions:

1. Confirmation, please:  Do the maps map out?  I count carefully, keep
my directions in order, and yet, my maps just do not pan out -- ie, I
most oftentimes run into walls where halls should be, doors where walls
should be, etc.

2.  I'm on level five and periodically lose all spell-casting
capability, usually when I need them the most.  I don't want any hints,
although if this is a bug, I'd like to know.

ak.

delann@cs.umu.se (Anders Nyman) (12/14/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.games
Subject: Re: Wizardry 1
In article <QbNuk0S00WBM81Q2Vd@andrew.cmu.edu> ak35+@andrew.cmu.edu (Andy Kurtz) writes:
>While we're on the topic, I have a couple of questions:
>
>1. Confirmation, please:  Do the maps map out?  I count carefully, keep
>my directions in order, and yet, my maps just do not pan out -- ie, I
>most oftentimes run into walls where halls should be, doors where walls
>should be, etc.
>
>2.  I'm on level five and periodically lose all spell-casting
>capability, usually when I need them the most.  I don't want any hints,
>although if this is a bug, I'd like to know.
>
>ak.

The answers to your questions:

The maps map out. The problem is to know exactly what happends in each
position. In some places odd things can happend, but you would be able to
figure it out by trying. Just don't panic.

In some areas you can not use all your spells. There excist some sort of
anit-spell areas. So when you loose your spells, then you are just in trouble
as it shold be, not because of a bug (you might meet a bug, but that's
a different case).

Good luck.
/Anders Nyman (delann@cs.umu.se)

tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) (12/15/90)

In article <QbNuk0S00WBM81Q2Vd@andrew.cmu.edu>, ak35+@andrew.cmu.edu (Andy Kurtz) writes:
> While we're on the topic, I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Confirmation, please:  Do the maps map out?  I count carefully, keep
> my directions in order, and yet, my maps just do not pan out -- ie, I
> most oftentimes run into walls where halls should be, doors where walls
> should be, etc.
>
> 2.  I'm on level five and periodically lose all spell-casting
> capability, usually when I need them the most.  I don't want any hints,
> although if this is a bug, I'd like to know.
>
> ak.

1. Yes, the maps do indeed map out.
2. There are places (Hoboken among them), where magic just
	does not work...

--
Terry Monks        Automata Design Inc    (703) 472-9400