[comp.sys.mac.games] pacman

kab@adpplz.UUCP (Ken Baker) (12/08/90)

 Dear Netnewsreaders,
	Has anyone seen or heard of a pacman game for the Macintosh?
Is it available anywhere? Is source for it available??
Thanks for any assistance!

--
Ken Baker                                       ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)
kab@adpplz.UUCP                  . . .  tektronix!nosun!cvedc!mcspdx!adpplz!kab

ullevig@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Ullevig Zachary A) (12/12/90)

I have see a couple of shareware Pacman games but they were
not very well programmed.  I don't think that there are any
published versions of it.

geoff@pmafire.inel.gov (Geoff Allen) (12/20/90)

kab@adpplz.UUCP (Ken Baker) writes:

> Dear Netnewsreaders,
>	Has anyone seen or heard of a pacman game for the Macintosh?
>Is it available anywhere? Is source for it available??
>Thanks for any assistance!

There is a version called MacMan published by Softstream.  The game
itself is a pretty straightforward Pac Man clone.

HOWEVER!  This has got to be the most insulting game of all time.  When
you quit the game, the last thing you see is a graphic which says, ``To
get your *own* version of MacMan, contact'' and gives the address of the
publisher.  This is on legitimately bought copies of the game.  They're
so sure that you're going to pirate the game that they accuse you of it
right off the bat.

Sorry guys, this just rubs me the wrong way.

--
Geoff Allen          \  The good thing about standards is there
uunet!pmafire!geoff   \  are so many to choose from.