[comp.sys.mac.games] SimCity and IIsi

thorn@godot.RadOnc.UNC.EDU (Jesse Thorn) (12/29/90)

Sorry if this has been kicked down the beach already, but I want to
know if I'm the only one who can't get SimCity to work on a IIsi?

- Jesse
thorn@godot.radonc.unc.edu

hedlund@reed.UUCP (Marc Hedlund) (12/31/90)

In <1990Dec28.174353.4287@godot.RadOnc.UNC.EDU> thorn@godot.RadOnc.UNC.EDU (Jesse Thorn) writes:

>Sorry if this has been kicked down the beach already, but I want to
>know if I'm the only one who can't get SimCity to work on a IIsi?

>- Jesse
>thorn@godot.radonc.unc.edu

No, you're not.  The secret lies in the version number that you have.  1.2c is
the listed version on the "compatability" list.....if you have anything earlier
than that (1.1c is likely what you have) then you will get some VERY strange
errors, like "stack collided with heap" and so on.  Probably indicative of bad
programming on someone's part.  If you bought the game legally, and you
registered your copy, Maxis will probably update your version for you free of
charge -- give them a call.  If you copied it, well.......shame on you.  :)