[comp.sys.mac.games] 3in3, other game questions

gagaku@ucscd.UCSC.EDU (23527000) (12/23/90)

With my copy of 3 in Three came a coupon for a free copy of
one of the following games:

Defender of the Crown, King of Chicago, S.D.I.

Since I know nothing about any of these games, I don't know
which would be most appealing to me or to my kids (ages from5
to 16).  Any descriptions or suggestions about type of game,
quality, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm about half thru with 3 in Three, and it is as much fun
as Cliff Johnson's previous two games, though I enjoy the
word puzzles much more than the juinior rubik's-cube
topographies, which must access a different, and less
developed area of my cortex.

As aside: when I ordered 3 in Three from MacConnection, after
reading about it here on the net, I was told it was out of
stock but backordered. [groan]. It arrived in 2 days, rather
than their usual one.  This has been an unsolicited testimonial.

conrad@brahms.udel.edu (Jon Conrad) (01/03/91)

In article <10360@darkstar.ucsc.edu> gagaku@ucscd.UCSC.EDU (23527000) writes:

>As aside: when I ordered 3 in Three from MacConnection, after
>reading about it here on the net, I was told it was out of
>stock but backordered. [groan]. It arrived in 2 days, rather
>than their usual one.  This has been an unsolicited testimonial.

And here's a similar testimonal, to MacWarehouse.  When I phoned
in my order for 3 in Three last Saturday (Dec 29), I was told it was in
stock and would be shipped their next business day, Wednesday (Jan 2),
and arrive on Thursday.  This seemed reasonable.  Nevertheless, it did
arrive Wednesday (today), a day early!

I guess some workaholic slipped into the warehouse on New Year's Eve or
Day and pulled a few orders.  I'd like to thank that masked man....

Jon Alan Conrad