[comp.sys.mac.games] The Colony: help!!

mintz@cvl.umd.edu (Doron Mintz) (01/02/91)

Hi,

I have been trying to play "The Colony" for some time now and I don't
seem to get anywhere. All I could do is to turn on the light, get the suit
on, lower the reactor and then get terminated going into some rooms or at
the moment the external air lock door is opened. Is there anything I'm
missing? There are two drawers that I could not open but I cannot see
anything else. This is the first time I am playing this kind of games so
maybe I am missing something very basic.

Please help.

Thank you,

jma@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (James M. Alexander) (01/02/91)

In article <4770@cvl.umd.edu> mintz@cvl.umd.edu (Doron Mintz) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I have been trying to play "The Colony" for some time now and I don't
>seem to get anywhere. All I could do is to turn on the light, get the suit
>on, lower the reactor and then get terminated going into some rooms or at
>the moment the external air lock door is opened. Is there anything I'm
>missing? There are two drawers that I could not open but I cannot see
>anything else. This is the first time I am playing this kind of games so
>maybe I am missing something very basic.
>
>Please help.
>
>Thank you,

This one took me a few days to figure out too. Remember: it is an airlock you

are trying to leave through, therefore you need to CLOSE the inner door

before you open the outer one, or, as you have obviously noticed, you die

by getting blown out by the explosive decompression. Hope this is what you

need.

Jim
jma@earthquake.berkeley.edu

ylsul@athena.mit.edu (Young Sul) (01/03/91)

In article <4770@cvl.umd.edu> mintz@cvl.umd.edu (Doron Mintz) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I have been trying to play "The Colony" for some time now and I don't
>seem to get anywhere. All I could do is to turn on the light, get the suit
>on, lower the reactor and then get terminated going into some rooms or at
>the moment the external air lock door is opened. Is there anything I'm
>missing? There are two drawers that I could not open but I cannot see
>anything else. This is the first time I am playing this kind of games so
>maybe I am missing something very basic.

Yeah. That messed me up also. I don't know what to do with the reactor, but
if you want to get through the airlock, make sure you close the door you
previously went through! I believe you can only open the top drawer on the
dressers, but can open all the drawers in desks. You've GOT to get outside
so you can find the colony. It gets alot more interesting then.

Oh, also, there's a Colony editor available through anonymous ftp at
sumex-aim.stanford.edu. You can crank up all your stats this way...

					Young Sul
					Project Athena, MIT