[comp.sys.mac.games] Solarian: lightning bolts & gift ships

tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) (01/11/91)

What do the lightning bolts mean when they appear in the top
right hand (status) corner in Solarian?

Is there any way to increase the probability of gift ships going
across the top?  Do any actions make further ships less likely?

Cheers
	Tim.

sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Sanjiv Sarwate) (01/13/91)

tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) writes:

>What do the lightning bolts mean when they appear in the top
>right hand (status) corner in Solarian?

The lightning bolts indicate the number of shot speeds (0,1, or 2) that you
have.

--
Sanjiv Sarwate				"But what is truth?
sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu		Is truth unchanging law?

CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) (01/17/91)

In article <6210@ecs.soton.ac.uk> tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) writes:

> What do the lightning bolts mean when they appear in the top
> right hand (status) corner in Solarian?

The lightning bolts represent extra speed (higher frequency and velocity)
of your shots.  You can get two (2) maximum in regular play.  If you are
using double shots (2x) speed becomes *very* helpful.  When I get speed
and double shots, I usually go for "protect" next.

> Is there any way to increase the probability of gift ships going
> across the top?

I haven't found one.  Maybe someone else has.

> Do any actions make further ships less likely?

When you kill off everything that can shoot you, the ships
don't seem to come any more.

- Chuck Hoffman, GTE Laboratories, Inc.  |  I'm not sure why we're here,
cah0@bunny.gte.com                       |  but I am sure that while we're
Telephone (U.S.A.) 617-466-2131          |  here, we're supposed to help
GTE VoiceNet: 679-2131                   |  each other.
GTE Telemail: C.HOFFMAN                  |