[comp.sys.mac.games] Need Help with Risk

mng@sei.cmu.edu (Marvin Germany) (01/18/91)

Howdy?
	Do anyof youplar risk on the mac? If so, could you guys please give
me some strategy tips for playing. (I am sick of being clobbered by my
buddy.)

Thanx, :-)
Marv
mng@sei.cmu.edu
mg2s@andrew.cmu.edu

marf@athena.mit.edu (Matthew R Feulner) (01/18/91)

In article <10121@as0c.sei.cmu.edu> mng@sei.cmu.edu (Marvin Germany) writes:

>Howdy?
>	Do anyof youplar risk on the mac? If so, could you guys please give
>me some strategy tips for playing. (I am sick of being clobbered by my
>buddy.)
>
>Thanx, :-)
>Marv
>mng@sei.cmu.edu
>mg2s@andrew.cmu.edu

My experiences come from years of playing the board game which I assume
is the same.  The strategy I usually employ in multiplayer>2 games is to
try to take either Australia or South America immediately, and fortify
it.  These are the two smallest continents, but the important thing
is to keep any continent and these two are the easiest to keep.  I don't
have as much experience in two player games, although in this game, you
can afford to go for bigger continents like Africa or North America.
Europe and Asia are hopeless.  When these are secure, concentrate on
SLOWLY expanding your territory as well as keeping yur opponent from
keeping a continent.  Of course, balancing offense and defense is kind
of an art and up to personal choice.  I have to say that games with more
than 3 players are the best because then you get into making alliances
and enemies and switching sides - just like real life.

Matthew Feulner
marf@athena.mit.edu