[comp.sys.mac.games] Games On The Iisi

Dan.Hughes@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Dan Hughes) (01/23/91)

Just got my IISI today. Having problems with the following games: PT-109
(bombs); Sargon IV (freezes); SubBattle Simulator (same thing) and some
others too. Anybody found a way to get these to play on an SI?

--

        Dan Hughes, Dan.Hughes@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
      via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway

mlab2@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/24/91)

In article <3151.279D6D11@blkcat.fidonet.org>, Dan.Hughes@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Dan Hughes) writes:
> Just got my IISI today. Having problems with the following games: PT-109
> (bombs); Sargon IV (freezes); SubBattle Simulator (same thing) and some
> others too. Anybody found a way to get these to play on an SI?
>
>         Dan Hughes, Dan.Hughes@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org

I'm getting a IIsi soon myself(!).  As Ben mentioned, 6.07 is a terror.  Many
of the problems you're having MAY be related to the System rather than the
machine.  Is it even possible to launch an earlier System on the new Macs?

In any event, if you can trace the freezes and crashes to the point in the game
where a digitized sound is generated, you may have found the problem.  I've
heard that Sound Master 1.62 can 'reformat' the sounds for you.  I haven't
tried it myself.  Supposedly, you simply remove the 'snd ' resources from the
game with SoundMaster, and then put them back.  The replaced sounds have a new
format.  So I hear.

john calhoun