[comp.sys.mac.games] The Bard's Tale I

st883250@pip.cc.brandeis.edu (Matthew J. Millheiser) (01/23/91)

OK, I started playing The Bard's Tale I a couple of days ago, and now all
my lowest character's level is 8 (not including the third level Sorcerer).
My problem is that I've explored the entire city and I cannot find the
entrance to the Sewers. I can get into the castle but the documentation
instructs you that the Castle contains the final dungeons to enter.
If I go through the city one more time, I'm gonna scream!

       HELP!
       Thanx --
            Millymills and the Unobtrusive Intangible Power Windows

ddeutsch@bbn.com (Debra Deutsch) (01/25/91)

Spoiler alert!  Skip the rest of this message if you do not want to
get a hint about finding the sewers in The Bard's Tale.

There is a great hint in the manual about this.  Remember that this is
the *Bard's* tale.  Where might such a tale start?

The next part of this message gives a more direct hint.

Okay, the bard's tale starts at a tavern (where else?), but one of the
taverns might be more, mmm, appropriate for *this* tale.  You'd know
the place when you arrived.  Maybe you'd want to do something special
when you got there.

If you want the answer, read on, otherwise please skip the rest of
this message.

Go to the Scarlet Bard (the tavern nearest to the Adventurer's guild)
and order some wine (available nowhere else).

Happy adventuring,

Debbie Deutsch

raven@itsgw.rpi.edu (Jennifer Lynn Piatek) (01/25/91)

st883250@pip.cc.brandeis.edu (Matthew J. Millheiser) writes:

>OK, I started playing The Bard's Tale I a couple of days ago, and now all
>my lowest character's level is 8 (not including the third level Sorcerer).
>My problem is that I've explored the entire city and I cannot find the
>entrance to the Sewers. I can get into the castle but the documentation
>instructs you that the Castle contains the final dungeons to enter.
>If I go through the city one more time, I'm gonna scream!

If you talk to the barkeep at inns, you'll find a rumor that tells you to
order wine in a tavern.

I won't say anymore than that publicly, in case some one else wants to figure
it out, if you'd like a more coesive hint, I can email you.

raven@pawl.rpi.edu
Jen