[comp.sys.mac.games] Loading up Falcon

lorner@ecst.csuchico.edu (Lance Orner) (01/28/91)

At one point, I had a Mac Plus, and one of the first games I bought was
Falcon, and I have had a grand old time with it.  But since then, I've
gotten a hard drive for that Plus, and have now transferred to a IIcx, and
Falcon has been sitting in my disk box for over a year now.

The problem being that I can't get the program to work off a hard disk.
Instead, I've got to go and turn off my memory cache, and reboot of it's
floppies, and since I have only one floppy drive, I've got to do a little
bit of disk flipping.

Now, I can't see Spectrum Holobyte createing a program that is such a pain
to load up, and I've got to be missing something here.  Any ideas?

BTW:  To make the poster a few messages back feel better, I've never been
able to land that plane.  The runway must be too short.  :-)

--
Lance M Orner           | To get a hold of me --
  Computer Engineering  |   --from Internet:        lorner@ecst.csuchico.edu

jcoper@ccu.umanitoba.ca (D. Joseph Creighton) (01/28/91)

In article <1991Jan28.043519.1656@ecst.csuchico.edu> lorner@ecst.csuchico.edu (Lance Orner) writes:
>At one point, I had a Mac Plus, and one of the first games I bought was
>Falcon, and I have had a grand old time with it.  But since then, I've
>gotten a hard drive for that Plus, and have now transferred to a IIcx, and
>Falcon has been sitting in my disk box for over a year now.
>
>The problem being that I can't get the program to work off a hard disk.
>Instead, I've got to go and turn off my memory cache, and reboot of it's
>floppies, and since I have only one floppy drive, I've got to do a little
>bit of disk flipping.
>
>Now, I can't see Spectrum Holobyte createing a program that is such a pain
>to load up, and I've got to be missing something here.  Any ideas?

Well, if you are a registered user of Falcon (ie: you actually went and
bought the game), there are instructions in the manual on how to install
Falcon on a hard drive, which I know work fine.
---
|    D. Joseph Creighton    |        Department of Computer Services        |
| <jcoper@ccu.umanitoba.ca> |  University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada |