[comp.sys.mac.games] Another Harpoon Question

stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu (01/26/91)

Anyone figure out how to use inflight refueling yet? One can outfit
the A-6's as tankers, but I'm not sure how that helps me just yet.

James
stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu

ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) (01/26/91)

In article <2024@sun13.scri.fsu.edu> stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu writes:
>Anyone figure out how to use inflight refueling yet? One can outfit
>the A-6's as tankers, but I'm not sure how that helps me just yet.

You can't.  Inflight refueling hasn't been implemented yet, but the tanker
mission type exists.  Too bad; you can't hit the last base in Doolitov's from
anywhere in Britain.  Are Bucanneers really very large aircraft?  These things
used to fly off of carriers...

--
Ted Woodward (ted@cs.utexas.edu)

"Mad scientists HATE shopping for shoes!" -- Peaches

dgil@pa.reuter.COM (Dave Gillett) (01/29/91)

In <160@victoria.cs.utexas.edu> ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) writes:

>               Are Bucanneers really very large aircraft?  These things
>used to fly off of carriers...

     With whopping great catapults, which land airbases typically don't have.

     These planes are about the size of an A-5, or a supersonic A-3, large
American aircraft of similar vintage that are no longer in service as attack
aircraft.