[comp.sys.mac.games] Recommendation needed on Carmen Sandiego

asteinbe@pyrsoft5.pyramid.com (Alan Steinberg) (01/30/91)

Does anyone have a good recommendation of which Carmen Sandiego
game to choose from?  If it matters, I have a color Mac LC.

  A) Where in the World is...
  B) Where in Time is...
  C) Where in Europe is...
  D) Where in the USA is...

-- Alan

gil@daffy.gatech.edu (Gil Neiger) (01/30/91)

In article <142858@pyramid.pyramid.com> asteinbe@pyrsoft5.pyramid.com
(Alan Steinberg) writes:

>Does anyone have a good recommendation of which Carmen Sandiego
>game to choose from?  If it matters, I have a color Mac LC.
>
>  A) Where in the World is...
>  B) Where in Time is...
>  C) Where in Europe is...
>  D) Where in the USA is...

I got "Where in the USA ..." recently and was disappointed, partly because
there's very little color in the game.  A careful examination of game
boxes seems to indicate that "Where in Time ..." is the only one with
color graphics.

In general, however, I didn't find the game very interesting, color
or not.  I don't know if the others are much different.

					- Gil Neiger
					gil@cc.gatech.edu

dprkmt@inetg1.Arco.Com (Ken Tubman) (01/31/91)

In article <142858@pyramid.pyramid.com>, asteinbe@pyrsoft5.pyramid.com (Alan Steinberg) writes:

> Does anyone have a good recommendation of which Carmen Sandiego
> game to choose from?  If it matters, I have a color Mac LC.

I have Where in Time...
I got it mainly for my 10 year old sun.  He likes it alot.  He has played
Where in the World at school.  I don't now that he finds time much better
except that it is new to him.  Where in Tim does have everythiing in color.
--

Ken Tubman          ARCO Oil & Gas Company
ktubman@arco.com    2300 W. Plano Parkway

tj@pons.cis.ohio-state.edu (Todd R Johnson) (01/31/91)

In article <764@mephisto.edu> gil@cc.gatech.edu (Gil Neiger) writes:
>>In article <142858@pyramid.pyramid.com> asteinbe@pyrsoft5.pyramid.com
>>(Alan Steinberg) writes:
>>>
>>>Does anyone have a good recommendation of which Carmen Sandiego
>>>game to choose from?  If it matters, I have a color Mac LC.
>>>
>>I got "Where in the USA ..." recently and was disappointed, partly because
>>there's very little color in the game.  A careful examination of game
>>boxes seems to indicate that "Where in Time ..." is the only one with
>>color graphics.
>>
>>In general, however, I didn't find the game very interesting, color
>>or not.  I don't know if the others are much different.

	I played one case of Where in Europe.. and have little desire
to ever play another Carmen Sandiego game.  The game was quite boring
and repetitious.  The National Geographic board game "Geographic
Pursuit" is a much more entertaining way to learn about the world.

	---Todd

--
Todd R. Johnson
tj@cis.ohio-state.edu