[comp.sys.mac.games] Knight of Diamonds

markr@gagme.chi.il.us (Mark Rodenkirch) (01/25/91)

I recently got Wizardry II: Knight of Diamonds.  Is it tough!!!

It is my imagination or are the monsters more difficult to kill in this
game?  What about those fuzzballs.  I have yet to kill one.  How can you
kill them?  I had to use Haman to remove their magic protection, but I
still couldn't finish them after doing more than 200 points of damage
using spells.

One could say that I am very tempted to use edited characters from Wiz I...

Anyway, has anyone ever killed a fuzzball?  Can they be killed?  If so,
how???

--
Mark G. Rodenkirch                       markr@gagme.chi.il.us

'...mathematical proofs, like diamonds, are hard as well as clear, and will be
touched with nothing but strict reasoning.'       -John Locke

jp48+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan Pace) (01/30/91)

   I've killed several fuzzballs and yes, it is very tough.  The worst part
is the rediculous number of points you get for the kill (like 1).

   I've found the best way to do it is with a good ninja, and fighting
characters with some of the good weapons found in the game.  There is an even
better option in some cases - run away.  An occasional chest isn't worth
the drain on your spell points and the paltry experience point.

Good luck,

Jon Pace
P.S. - I am available if you need more help.

tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) (01/31/91)

In article <104@nanovx.UUCP>, kaz@nanovx.UUCP (Mike Kazmierczak) writes:

>  I have heard a rumor that Wiz III is due out
> for the Mac in a couple of months.

You heard wrong.

--
Terry Monks        Automata Design Inc    (703) 472-9400

francis@wolfman.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) (02/01/91)

In article <638@adimail.UUCP> tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) writes:
   In article <104@nanovx.UUCP>, kaz@nanovx.UUCP (Mike Kazmierczak) writes:
   >  I have heard a rumor that Wiz III is due out
   > for the Mac in a couple of months.

   You heard wrong.
In case you didn't realize it, Terry was [the|one of the] author(s) of
Knight of DIamonds for the Mac.

Perhaps the poster was actually refering to Bane of the Cosmic Forge,
which is an all-new game, with an all-new gaming system, as I recall.
Call it Wizardry Volume II # 1.  Anyone taken a look at it?
--
R David Francis   francis@cis.ohio-state.edu