[comp.sys.mac.games] Fokker Triplane

rmihara@lightning.Berkeley.EDU (Randall A. Mihara) (01/31/91)

Has anyone tried out a plane simulation called Fokker Triplane?
I saw a game called Red Baron for the IBM that was REALLY good, but
unfortunately, it hasn't come out on the mac.  Any input on
how this game is or compares to Red Baron would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Mihara
rmihara@ocf.berkeley.edu

mlab2@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (02/02/91)

In article <1991Jan31.001333.25629@agate.berkeley.edu>, rmihara@lightning.Berkeley.EDU (Randall A. Mihara) writes:
> Has anyone tried out a plane simulation called Fokker Triplane?
> I saw a game called Red Baron for the IBM that was REALLY good, but
> unfortunately, it hasn't come out on the mac.  Any input on
> how this game is or compares to Red Baron would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Randy Mihara
> rmihara@ocf.berkeley.edu

Myself, I love the game.  I bought it recently, so I have the color version.
The color is beautiful.  It's a simple flight simulator in the sense that the
display is simple, the plane handles excellently, and the terrain is simple.  I
don't mind any of these because the trade-off has allowed for the smoothest
flight simulator I've ever played with on the Mac.  Personally, after playing
Fpkker Triplane I've been reluctant to put Falcon back in the drive(s).  I
can't rattle of frames/per/second for you, but clearly Falcon feels 'jumpy'
compared with Fokker.
And by the way, I land the triplane about 99% of the time!
Complaints?  I wish you could engage more than one sopwith at a time - one
gets too easy.

john calhoun