[comp.sys.mac.games] Help with ShadowGate

PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET (Peter Sweeney) (01/28/91)

Shadow Gate is a game just like the Uninvited, with a
Dungeons and Dragons theme.  I need help, to wit:

How do I get rid of the avalanche blocking my way beyond the lake?

How can I avoid the wraith's curse?

Just hints, please.  No spoilers.

Peter Sweeney
ps9zrhmc@miamiu

schorsch@oxy.edu (Brent William Schorsch) (01/29/91)

Shadogate hints:
wraith: look at all the items you have picked up, on is kindof strange...
avalanch: I don't believe It can be done.

I also would like some help...:
I am very close to finishing.
If I pass the troll/bridge with invisibility I can get all the stuff,
go back, turn the snake into the staff, but I can't get by the troll
again... I have made the whole staff & I know where the evil wizard is
but I can't get there because I have too cross the bridge again.
I feel like I've tried everthing! HELP!!
-Brent (schorsch@oxy.edu)

alberti@cs.umn.edu (Albatross) (01/30/91)

In <91028.105727PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET> PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET (Peter Sweeney) writes:
>How do I get rid of the avalanche blocking my way beyond the lake?

You don't.  False trail.  Apparently there's a "programmer's room" past that
that the authors can get to, but I have not been graced with this information.
Anyone interested in letting on?

>How can I avoid the wraith's curse?
One way to identify important items in this game is to look for subtle
differences in common things.  For instance, if you see a different-colored
rock in a wall, it may be a clue.  In this case, look for a commonly-found
item which is different from its counterparts.

>Just hints, please.  No spoilers.
You got it.
--
Bob Alberti  Micro and Wkstn Networks Ctr, U of MN   // aka: Albatross| Unitar-
Internet:    alberti@boombox.micro.UMN.EDU        \\//  The Mars Hotel| ian/

steve@pinet.aip.org (Steve Lushing) (01/30/91)

In article <91028.105727PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET> PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET (Peter Sweeney) writes:
>Shadow Gate is a game just like the Uninvited, with a
>Dungeons and Dragons theme.  I need help, to wit:
>
>How do I get rid of the avalanche blocking my way beyond the lake?
>
>How can I avoid the wraith's curse?
>
>Just hints, please.  No spoilers.
>
>Peter Sweeney
>ps9zrhmc@miamiu

I would like to know also.

--
Stephen M. LuShing                           INTERNET: steve@pinet.aip.org
System Development                           BITNET: steve@aip.bitnet

d88-cbr@dront.nada.kth.se (Christian Beijner) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan30.135248.11551@pinet.aip.org> steve@pinet.aip.org (Steve Lushing) writes:
>In article <91028.105727PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET> PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET (Peter Sweeney) writes:
>>Shadow Gate is a game just like the Uninvited, with a
>>Dungeons and Dragons theme.  I need help, to wit:
>>
>>How do I get rid of the avalanche blocking my way beyond the lake?

Now the avalanche has been up before some time ago. It is a red herring.
But there is an elaborate way of removing the avalanche and entering the
"room" beyond. It involves placing the right bottle in the exact right spot,
and heating it up with a torch and finally shooting a sling-stone at the bottle
When the discussion was up last time I put together a file from my old ones
where all you have to do is the last part. That is OPERATE
(loaded) SLING ON BOTTLE.
Anyone interested in this file can get the Sit-ed Binhex-ed copy I have by
mailing me, its 6K in size and I dont want to clobber the net with it unless
the interest is big.
/Chris
e-mail:d88-cbr@nada.kth.se

frank@dvnspc1.Dev.Unisys.COM (Frank Piper) (01/31/91)

A previous poster writes:
> How can you get behind the avalanche? [etc...]
If anyone knows, please post a hint/spoiler.

advTHANKSance,
Frank Piper
(frank@dvnspc1.dev.unisys.com)
"It doesn't get any more optimal than this."

bvickers@stargate.jpl.nasa.gov (Brian Vickers) (02/02/91)

In article <140569@tiger.oxy.edu> schorsch@oxy.edu (Brent William
Schorsch) writes:
> If I pass the troll/bridge with invisibility I can get all the stuff,
> go back, turn the snake into the staff, but I can't get by the troll
> again... I have made the whole staff & I know where the evil wizard is
> but I can't get there because I have too cross the bridge again.
> I feel like I've tried everthing! HELP!!

If you use your "piercing" personality he will really "fall" for you.

Brian Vickers
bvickers@stargate.jpl.nasa.gov

Metadisclaimer: every statement in this entire message, including this
one, is false.

john_jachna@yccatsmtp.ycc.yale.edu (John Jachna) (02/02/91)

--> How do I get rid of the avalanche blocking my way beyond the lake?

"My, that seems to be a big avalanche. A REAL big avalanche. It could take
forever to get through. Maybe I should just wander about this room for a
while and see if I find anything/place of interest."

How can I avoid the wraith's curse?

" There sure are a lot of torches all over here. I wonder if they're all
the same? Could any of them have any special effects?"

Hope that helps a bit. I can get more specific if desired.

John Jachna

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own.