[comp.sys.mac.games] need help with Z[DCurse of Z[DAzure Bonds

dresnick@athena.mit.edu (David I Resnick) (02/04/91)

In article <43629@ut-emx.uucp> awessels@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Allen Wessels) writes:

   >How do I defeat the Dark Elf Lord (112 HP, AC -7) after killing
   >the Red Wizard from the tower?   It just seems impossible.

He isn't THAT tough.  He can be hit a fair proportion of the time with
magic missiles, though he is fairly resistant.  The way I have beaten
him (twice) is to make continual efforts to set up my Dwarven
fighter/thief for backstabs.  Particularly if you have a 7th level or higher
F/T with a nice longsword and 18+ strength, this can cause incredible
damage (up to 50 points if you get two hits!)  This worked quite well for me.
--
       David Resnick                           dresnick@athena.mit.edu

ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) (02/04/91)

In article <1753@lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> yeo@boole.seas.ucla.edu (Simon Yeo/;093091;csugrad) writes:

>How do I defeat the Dark Elf Lord (112 HP, AC -7) after killing the Red Wizard from the tower?   It just seems impossible.

Backstab, dude, backstab.

--
Ted Woodward (ted@cs.utexas.edu)

"Mad scientists HATE shopping for shoes!" -- Peaches