[comp.sys.mac.games] Bane of the Cosmic Forge??

ds4a@dalton.acc.Virginia.EDU (Dale Southard) (01/31/91)

Hi all!!

This may have been asked/discussed before, but ...

I was in the process of ordering Wizardy I (I owned an apple ][+ when
there were such things, so I am a wiz addict of old) when I came across

"Bane of the Cosmic Forge: a new wizardy gaming system"

Is this something that could be used instead of proving grounds or is
it just a third scenario?  I sold my ][+ right after Knight of Diamonds
came out, so I am a little behind on what wiz scenarios came out after
Knight but have yet to be ported to the mac.

Thanks all!

-->  -->  Dale  UVa  (ds4a@virginia.edu)

William_Russell_Dodd@cup.portal.com (02/01/91)

Bane of the Cosmic Forge is the 6th Wizardry game.  It is currently available
for the IBM.  The Mac version will be coming out in a month or two, according
to the author.  He completed the color version, but he is now working on
the black and white images.  It is a self-containg game and you don't need
any other product to play.

William Dodd

tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) (02/04/91)

In article <38732@cup.portal.com>, William_Russell_Dodd@cup.portal.com writes:
> Bane of the Cosmic Forge is the 6th Wizardry game.  It is currently available
> for the IBM.  The Mac version will be coming out in a month or two, according
> to the author.  He completed the color version, but he is now working on
> the black and white images.  It is a self-containg game and you don't need
> any other product to play.

Bane is not really the sixth Wizardry game. It is an entirely new gaming system
that is probably intended to replace the Wizardry system. It was written by the
same guy who did Wizardry V: Davie Bradley. I ahve seen a pre-release for the
<gasp> PC, but have not got my Mac version yet. I was supposed to be a beta
tester, but it looks as if they are skipping me.

--
Terry Monks        Automata Design Inc    (703) 472-9400