[comp.sys.mac.games] Anonymous FTP sites

daybell@nunki.usc.edu (Donald Daybell) (02/05/91)

In article <16281@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> ss60wbi@sdcc4.ucsd.edu (G. "Maddog" Knauss) writes:
>I'm asking for a friend of mine, so please email responses.  I don't
>check here often.  Is there a good place to get PD Mac games with
>an anonymous FTP?
>					Much appreciated,
>					Greg "Maddog" Knauss

Check out the info-mac archive on sumex.aim.stanford.edu.  I think that's
the correct address.

"Raise your hand if you think that was a RUSSIAN water tentacle!"
					--- The Abyss

Donald "Dice Freak" Daybell      daybell@aludra.usc.edu

dsr@mir.mitre.org (Douglas S. Rand) (02/05/91)

Make that sumex-aim.stanford.edu,  also there are sites such
as apple.com,  simtel20.army.mil (wsmr-simtel20) which have more
specialized collections.  Some universities seem to have duplicated
sumex's archive (roughly) and some companies.

--
Douglas S. Rand
Internet:   <dsrand@mitre.org>

deichman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Shane D. Deichman) (02/06/91)

In article <14695@chaph.usc.edu> daybell@nunki.usc.edu (Donald Daybell) writes:
>>I'm asking for a friend of mine, so please email responses.  I don't
>>check here often.  Is there a good place to get PD Mac games with
>>an anonymous FTP?
>
>Check out the info-mac archive on sumex.aim.stanford.edu.  I think that's
                                      ^^^^^
>the correct address.

Actually, it's "sumex-aim.stanford.edu".  Hope you find
what you're looking for....

-shane

jeremy@horus.cem.msu.EDU (Stallion) (02/06/91)

From article <2783@cod.NOSC.MIL>, by deichman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Shane D. Deichman):
> In article <14695@chaph.usc.edu> daybell@nunki.usc.edu (Donald Daybell) writes:
>>>I'm asking for a friend of mine, so please email responses.  I don't
>>>check here often.  Is there a good place to get PD Mac games with
>>>an anonymous FTP?
>>
>>Check out the info-mac archive on sumex.aim.stanford.edu.  I think that's
>                                       ^^^^^
>>the correct address.
>>

> Actually, it's "sumex-aim.stanford.edu".  Hope you find
> what you're looking for....

you can also get there using 36.44.0.6

then you don't have to worry about the spelling.

see ya !!!!!
		       -	stallion