[comp.sys.mac.games] Indiana Jones

bochen@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Meathead) (11/23/90)

I just played the NEW Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom.  Bitchin'
game dudes!  Lots of animation, good storyline, and excellent use of
the mac interface. Downers: 16 colors only, converted EGA graphics
(squashed).  All in all a good adventure and some good programming.
Check it out.

conty@cbnewsl.att.com (The Conty) (11/24/90)

In article <14436@sdcc6.ucsd.edu>, bochen@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Meathead) writes:

> I just played the NEW Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom.  Bitchin'
> game dudes!  Lots of animation, good storyline, and excellent use of
> the mac interface. Downers: 16 colors only, converted EGA graphics
> (squashed).  All in all a good adventure and some good programming.

And good graphics (better than Sierra games, anyway).

This game is a beginner's game.  I finished it in two days.  However, I've
only got 537 points out of of a possible maximum of 800, so it has some
replay value, which is uncommon for an adventure game.

Anecdote:  on the Summer CES of 1989, I saw a preview of this game for the IBM.
I remember asking the Lucasfilm Games representative if they were going to
release it for the Mac.  She said that they wouldn't, 'cause the Mac didn't
support color!!

This game is LFL's first Macintosh game.  Their change of mind must have come
from one of these two reasons:
1) I convinced them to give it a try (highly unlikely).
2) The change of the Mac line to color machines (with the exception of the
   Classic).
Would it be too outrageous to suggest that the quantity and quality of color
games for the Mac will boom in the next 2-3 years?

P.S.  Is there any way we can convince Lucasfilm Games to do a Mac version of
_Their_Finest_Hour_?  Letter campaign, anyone?
--

			    E n r i q u e  C o n t y
			      jester@ihlpl.att.com

llama@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Joe Francis) (11/26/90)

In article <1990Nov24.034059.20329@cbnewsl.att.com> conty@cbnewsl.att.com (The Conty) writes:
[...]
- This game is LFL's first Macintosh game.  Their change of mind must have come
-from one of these two reasons:
-1) I convinced them to give it a try (highly unlikely).
-2) The change of the Mac line to color machines (with the exception of the
-   Classic).
-Would it be too outrageous to suggest that the quantity and quality of color
-games for the Mac will boom in the next 2-3 years?

BZZZT!  I do not know what was LucasFilms first mac game, but Pipe Dream
precedes Indiana Jones.

As for a boom in mac games...  didn't I hear the same talk when the mac II
came out?

"Read My Lips: No Nude Texans!" - George Bush clearing up a misunderstanding

kupper@rhodopsin.cs.unc.edu (Mark Kupper) (02/09/91)

   Does anyone know anything about the game from Lucasfilm _Indiana Jones
an the Last Crusade_? I was thinking of getting it since it supposedly
has good graphics and sound. Has anyone out there played this game?
Opinions please! Thanks.

yomy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (02/11/91)

In article <1411@borg.cs.unc.edu>,
kupper@rhodopsin.cs.unc.edu (Mark Kupper) writes:

>    Does anyone know anything about the game from Lucasfilm _Indiana Jones
> an the Last Crusade_? I was thinking of getting it since it supposedly
> has good graphics and sound. Has anyone out there played this game?
> Opinions please! Thanks.
I have the Indiana Jones game, and I would recommend it.  It has caught on with
all of my apartment mates at school.  There are numerous puzzles to figure and
the method of moving Indy around works quite well.  It has already been my most
played game, including my friends playing time also.  And I don't normally
enjoy adventure type games.  For those who don't know what it is exactly:
You are Indiana Jones sort of acting out the action of the last crusade movie.
But you have your own puzzles to solve to get to the holy grail.  The game
comes with a little book of Henry Jones' notes and a decoder that you need to
start the game, which is a little bit of a pain, but it could be worse.  This
is a most enjoyable adventure.
pat young
yomy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

wlw2286@isc.rit.edu (W.L. Lance) (02/11/91)

How about some hints and tips on this game? How do you get the desk
under the cloth open in Indy's fathers place? How do you open the "gate"
to the crypt under the library?

Thanks in advance,

Lance

--
Lance Ware			          	         Mac and IBM Reseller
Try here first:lance@spud.img.rit.edu | Then here:wlw2286@ultb.rit.isc.edu