[comp.sys.mac.games] Might & Magic I Help

by0b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Bobby T. Yee) (02/12/91)

Could someone please tell me where the Clerics of the South are located.
 I want to find them to become worthy.  Also, is there a way to go
through Portsmith without getting your males drained?  Any information
would be greatly appreciated.
----
| 		          | "Well, some say I'm lazy		     |
| Bobby Yee	          |  An' others say that's just me		     |
| by0b@andrew.cmu.edu  |  Some say I'm crazy	                   |
|		          |  I guess I'll always be."		     |
|		          |       "One In A Million" by Guns N' Roses  |
----

GQ.JAN@forsythe.stanford.edu (Tony Navarrete) (02/12/91)

In article <Abhlx6u00awE4eyERP@andrew.cmu.edu>,
by0b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Bobby T. Yee) writes:

>Could someone please tell me where the Clerics of the South are located.
> I want to find them to become worthy.  Also, is there a way to go
>through Portsmith without getting your males drained?  Any information
>would be greatly appreciated.

The easiest way I've found to avoid getting my males drained is to
use the magicians' 2-4 spell (jump).  Since you only get drained at
intersections, you can hop over those squares -- most of the time.

Also, if your magicians are high enough, you can always throw a
5-5 (teleport) to get you anywhere you want w/o taking damage.

dbarnhar@oiscola.Columbia.NCR.COM (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb12.062626.7598@morrow.stanford.edu> GQ.JAN@forsythe.stanford.edu (Tony Navarrete) writes:
>In article <Abhlx6u00awE4eyERP@andrew.cmu.edu>,
>by0b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Bobby T. Yee) writes:
>
>>Could someone please tell me where the Clerics of the South are located.
>> I want to find them to become worthy.  Also, is there a way to go
>>through Portsmith without getting your males drained?  Any information
>>would be greatly appreciated.
>
>The easiest way I've found to avoid getting my males drained is to
>use the magicians' 2-4 spell (jump).  Since you only get drained at
>intersections, you can hop over those squares -- most of the time.
>
>Also, if your magicians are high enough, you can always throw a
>5-5 (teleport) to get you anywhere you want w/o taking damage.

I finally got tired of this too.  There is a place in one of the dungeons
(I'd have to consult my map to find exactly where, I've been playing
Might and Magic II so much, I don't remember as much about part I) where
you can change the sex of your characters.  I just took all the male
characters and changed them into females so my entire party would be female.
I never did find a place in the game where being female was a disadvantage,
although the same was certainly not true for males.  This is not to say that
such a place did not exist, but I solved the entire game without any male
characters.  (Note that this strategy doesn't work in MMII.  The authors
seem to have gotten over their feminist tendencies, at least enough to
make the sexes somewhat equal. :-)

Also, the Clerics of the South reside in the very bottom of one of the
large dungeons.  I believe it's the Dungeon of Dragadune, but it may be
the other large dungeon.  Again, I'd have to check my map to be sure.

Hope this helps,

Dave Barnhart
NCR Cooperative Computing Systems Division
3245 Platt Springs Rd.
West Columbia, SC  29169    email: uunet!ncrlnk!ncrcae!oiscola!dbarnhar