[comp.sys.mac.games] Solarian & Diamonds

yossie@fnal.fnal.gov (Yossie Silverman) (02/13/91)

After I play Diamonds, the color table seems messed up and Solarian is
funky.  Also, sounds in Solarian, under 6.07, no longer work nicely
(clipping, or simply not played).  Advice anyone?
- Yossie

---

yossie@fnal.fnal.gov; yossie@fnccf.bitnet
What did the Caspian Sea? - Saki

udrubini@mcs.drexel.edu (David F. Rubinic) (02/13/91)

In article <LB^#=&^@linac.fnal.gov> yossie@fnal.fnal.gov (Yossie Silverman) writes:
>After I play Diamonds, the color table seems messed up and Solarian is
>funky.  Also, sounds in Solarian, under 6.07, no longer work nicely
>(clipping, or simply not played).  Advice anyone?
>- Yossie

   In the docs that come with Solarian 1.04, he says that he cleared up the
color pallette problems (if that's what funky refers to).  Try getting this and
seeing what its like.

udrubini@mcs.drexel.edu

n074ez@tamuts.tamu.edu (Joe Bezdek) (02/13/91)

I had the same problem with Solarian II 1.03 after I played Diamonds.
The colors were mucho screwed and the sounds were messed up as well.  I
ended up restarting because I could find no other way to fix it...

Joe

CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) (02/13/91)

Silverman) writes:
> After I play Diamonds, the color table seems messed up and Solarian is
> funky.  Also, sounds in Solarian, under 6.07, no longer work nicely
> (clipping, or simply not played).  Advice anyone?
> - Yossie

The public domain "Switch-A-Roo" FKEY, from Bill Steinberg, clears this up
nicely.  The same problem exists after using the Chuck Yeager Advanced
Flight Trainer (A.F.T.).  Switch-A-Roo sets everything back nicely.

- Chuck Hoffman, GTE Laboratories, Inc.  |  I'm not sure why we're here,
cah0@bunny.gte.com                       |  but I am sure that while we're
Telephone (U.S.A.) 617-466-2131          |  here, we're supposed to help
GTE VoiceNet: 679-2131                   |  each other.
GTE Telemail: C.HOFFMAN                  |